slowtorola

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I think part of the reason we can't talk about it is in case there are features in the soak test that don't make it to the final version that is released to the masses.

David

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't get the fanboy mentality on the Moto site. It's crazy.

As far as what a phone mfg owes it's customers? Well, the way I see it, is.....you better keep up with the times or get left behind. Google can push out these OS's pretty fast and Dev's here and elsewhere seem to have no issue creating ROM's and tools seemingly by themselves, so why a multi-million or billion dollar company can't get it together is on them, lol.

I think I just got irritated reading all the rude, nutty comments from Moto owners regarding the stupid soak test. "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!! SECRETS!!!!!" But.....Jelly Bean is already out, lol??

When we finally get JB on our phones.....you know...right before Key Lime Pie is out, lol.......rainbows and unicorns better fly out of my screen.

That's just Moto's way of doing business. It's their business and they have a right to do it the way they want to. If it ticks me off too much, I have the right to never buy another Moto device. I don't underdstand it or really like it, but I think the point people are making is that those involved in the soak test agree to confidentiality and they should abide by what they have agreed to. It's really just a matter of personal integrity, which is very rare in the world today. We'll get Jelly Bean whenever it's ready for the masses. Personally, I don't really care how soon. ICS works great for me and JB isn't really that much different.

mokes

Reaction score
I think part of the reason we can't talk about it is in case there are features in the soak test that don't make it to the final version that is released to the masses.

David

Probably. I'm fine with keeping quiet. You should if you agreed to do so. The people that are C&Ping the emails are retarded, lol. "MEH!!! I GOTZ INVITE!! SAYZ BE QUIET!! LOOK!!!"

It's pretty funny, lol. Idiots.

My point is that JB is old now. It's no secret and it's not Fight Club. It's "Let's call it a secret when it's really not, but we will pretend it still is anyways Club".

THAT is a silly club. Still, if you agreed to hush up, then hush up. I just dislike the fanboy (hate that word but it fits) mentality from some people. They act like Moto is paying them. It's actually the other way around.

mokes

Reaction score
That's just Moto's way of doing business. It's their business and they have a right to do it the way they want to. If it ticks me off too much, I have the right to never buy another Moto device. I don't underdstand it or really like it, but I think the point people are making is that those involved in the soak test agree to confidentiality and they should abide by what they have agreed to. It's really just a matter of personal integrity, which is very rare in the world today. We'll get Jelly Bean whenever it's ready for the masses. Personally, I don't really care how soon. ICS works great for me and JB isn't really that much different.

ICS is good, but JB is way better if you ask me. Whenever I pick up my wife's DNA, I'm like..."MAAAAAN!! So smooth!!!" It really is nice. That phone is sweet though. If it had a smidge more memory, I would grab it. With the X on the way and the fact it's promising to blow our collective minds and tear a hole in the space/time continiuum, I guess I will wait.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
ICS is good, but JB is way better if you ask me. Whenever I pick up my wife's DNA, I'm like..."MAAAAAN!! So smooth!!!" It really is nice. That phone is sweet though. If it had a smidge more memory, I would grab it. With the X on the way and the fact it's promising to blow our collective minds and tear a hole in the space/time continiuum, I guess I will wait.

I agree. The DNA is a smooth phone...looks sweet too. My comment about JB not being that much different is with a couple of friends of mine that got the Christmas present JB release. Their phones aren't much different than mine and really no faster/smoother that I can tell. That wasn't the fully baked version so the one that is coming may be better, so I could be wrong...wow, first time. I don't know what it feels like to be wrong...I'll have to ask my wife. She's much more experienced in that area. Anyway, comparing the DNA JB to the Razr JB isn't a good compairson as each manufacturer massages it differently with their UI. I like the HTC Sense UI, it always seems smooth no matter what OS is being run. I'm hoping that the fully cooked JB we get is a big improvement, but I'll take even small improvements. I still think ICS is quite good, but bring on the jelly beans.

YellowJacket

Reaction score

David

Look what happened with the unintentional release... Everyone was talking about it within a few minutes. Some got it, some didn't, but almost everyone wanted it. Then all the problems and complaints....and some praise. Then it was "available" within a day for everyone else who wanted to install it. More complaints, more praise, more problems.

In keeping a small soak test pool, MotoRizon is probably trying to minimize problems and maximize feedback. With everyone feverishly trying to DL and install it, they will most certainly end up with more problems and less feedback than they need.

For those that don't get it, hang on and be patient. It will come soon enough. Nothing earth shattering or groundbreaking or worth getting your blood pressure up into stroke territory.

David

mokes

Reaction score
I agree. The DNA is a smooth phone...looks sweet too. My comment about JB not being that much different is with a couple of friends of mine that got the Christmas present JB release. Their phones aren't much different than mine and really no faster/smoother that I can tell. That wasn't the fully baked version so the one that is coming may be better, so I could be wrong...wow, first time. I don't know what it feels like to be wrong...I'll have to ask my wife. She's much more experienced in that area. Anyway, comparing the DNA JB to the Razr JB isn't a good compairson as each manufacturer massages it differently with their UI. I like the HTC Sense UI, it always seems smooth no matter what OS is being run. I'm hoping that the fully cooked JB we get is a big improvement, but I'll take even small improvements. I still think ICS is quite good, but bring on the jelly beans.

Good point on Sense vs Blur. Didn't even think of that.

mindhead1

Reaction score
I installed the JB leak and think it was a worthy improvement over ICS. I had some battery life issues about 3 weeks after the JB upgrade. But they were resolved after deleting FoxFi which didn't work on JB anyway.

I think the device is much more responsive with JB. It makes me like the device as much as I did when I first got it and it had GB on it. The JB upgrade has put my desire to upgrade to a new device at bay for the time being.

My wife has the DNA and it is an awesome device! The battery life is what keeps me from going all in on it.

As for the speed of updates. My next phone is probably going to be a Nexus phone. Whatever the reason for the slow updates, Verizon or OEMs, I want to be able to get the latest OS when its available.

OP
blackhawk1134

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
I installed the JB leak and think it was a worthy improvement over ICS. I had some battery life issues about 3 weeks after the JB upgrade. But they were resolved after deleting FoxFi which didn't work on JB anyway.

I think the device is much more responsive with JB. It makes me like the device as much as I did when I first got it and it had GB on it. The JB upgrade has put my desire to upgrade to a new device at bay for the time being.

My wife has the DNA and it is an awesome device! The battery life is what keeps me from going all in on it.

As for the speed of updates. My next phone is probably going to be a Nexus phone. Whatever the reason for the slow updates, Verizon or OEMs, I want to be able to get the latest OS when its available.

Finally someone said something directly related to my intentions about my post... Was only wondering why in the first place moto takes longer and everyone has to start complaining that I'm complaining... Like I posted before... Can't wait to see what the X has to offer... And it is going to be a moto device people!!

NWRULES

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't get the fanboy mentality on the Moto site. It's crazy.

As far as what a phone mfg owes it's customers? Well, the way I see it, is.....you better keep up with the times or get left behind. Google can push out these OS's pretty fast and Dev's here and elsewhere seem to have no issue creating ROM's and tools seemingly by themselves, so why a multi-million or billion dollar company can't get it together is on them, lol.

I think I just got irritated reading all the rude, nutty comments from Moto owners regarding the stupid soak test. "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!! SECRETS!!!!!" But.....Jelly Bean is already out, lol??

When we finally get JB on our phones.....you know...right before Key Lime Pie is out, lol.......rainbows and unicorns better fly out of my screen.

I think you summed it up mokes. This is exactly what I was thinking. And it's exactly what pisses me off about slowtorola and Verizon and their slow updates. Here we are getting excited about about jelly bean, and it's gonna be a joke a month after we get it because another new update will come out. But it will take yet another year to get that update. Unreal. Trying to find patience here. I really need to quit complaining about first world problems. My bad. Carry on fellow droids

JohnFH

Reaction score
I think you summed it up mokes. This is exactly what I was thinking. And it's exactly what pisses me off about slowtorola and Verizon and their slow updates. Here we are getting excited about about jelly bean, and it's gonna be a joke a month after we get it because another new update will come out. But it will take yet another year to get that update. Unreal. Trying to find patience here. I really need to quit complaining about first world problems. My bad. Carry on fellow droids

I agree with you about the slowness of updates. It's likely that very few existing phones will be upgraded to Key Lime Pie. I'm not expecting any upgrades to my Droid RAZR beyond 4.1.2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2