Slowly Dying......

abraham3660

Reaction score
Ive had my bionic for a little over a year now, and it has been getting slower and slower. Now it is just frustratingly slow. I delete any apps I dont use, and i clean my cache and unused files. I never have data connection now, and it takes like 5 min for me to get data connection (if i do get any) after i unlock my phone. My battery is draining faster, which is also very frustrating. One of the most frustrating things is group messages. I'm in multiple group messages containing 8+ people. My phone acts like its melting when im in a large group message with messages coming in very frequently. I switched to go sms, because all my friends have iphones and I wanted to see emojis. It works well with 1 on 1 texting but just force closes in my large group messages. Is there anything I can do to speed up my phone and make it more stable? And most importantly fix my data issues? I dont mind rooting, so im open to any suggestions! Thank You for any help!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Read both the House of Bionic thread, the FAQ, get yourself up to speed with the ICS leaks, and get one on there pronto! ICS turns the Bionic into a new phone, so to speak.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I would recommend formatting your cache in recovery. If that doesn't fix the problem, then try a factory data reset. That will wipe all your data so you may want to root and back up all your apps first with Titanium Backup or ROM Manager. Good luck.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I recommend ICS. No matter what you do, 905 is still 905. My thoughts about 905 are no secret, it should have never been approved. Shows how much good soak tests actually do.

Ziggie

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many texts do you have stored on your phone? Massive numbers of old texts can gunk up the system.

OP
abraham3660

abraham3660

Reaction score
Ive never deleted any text, so that could be a problem haha. Im in the process of updating .247 now

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Rooted .247...back to normal! Many thanks to all involved.