slowing way down after time??

lmdodds

Reaction score
As the title states it gets frustrating that after i have the rom installed (any rom really so im not picking on UD) for a week or 2 it starts slowing down, lagging so to speak.

The only fix i can find is to reinstall the rom and start over then its quick again for a while but always starts slowing down.

Anyone else have this happen??

thanks

warrior21

Reaction score
Have you tried the app cachemate? It helps when my phone starts to lag

Sent from my Droid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried using one of the cache cleaners that are available in the market? I use Cache Mate. I just hit it every few days or once a week. It seems to help, or this is my ocd coming out!!!

Good luck.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think it happens to everybody. I flash Roms on a couple of my friends Droids and after month they seem to say the same thing.
I use Cache Cleaner for root users now and then. It clears as much as 13Mb sometimes. And definitely try the Spare Parts app and use the fast settings on both animations settings. Speeds things up a bit.

OP
L

lmdodds

Reaction score
i will give cache mate a try and see if that helps.. thanks for the responses :)

worth buying the paid version?? its just $1 so no biggie so will buy it if it has needed options.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cache is probably 99.9% of why they slow down. The apps mentioned make a world of difference in the performance. You can also clear you dalvik-cache with Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also go into Root Explorer and navigate to data and delete the dalvich-cache folder and then reboot - this can be done every few weeks and targets things most cache cleaners miss

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
cache mate and and advanced task manager work wonders for me :) once a day or a few times bc how much i hav eon my droid and it stays snappy 24/7!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
cache mate and and advanced task manager work wonders for me :) once a day or a few times bc how much i hav eon my droid and it stays snappy 24/7!

Raffica, which one are you using?? Can you email me the .apk if I PM you my address?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cache cleaner and cache mate are in the mkt...

drpaul07

Reaction score
Clearing dalvik cache is an option in UD settings, and it definitely makes things speedy again. After you choose that option, you have to reboot. And the boot time will be longer than normal the first time, so be patient! Def worth it to clear it every week or so.

Sent from my Droid

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also go into Root Explorer and navigate to data and delete the dalvich-cache folder and then reboot - this can be done every few weeks and targets things most cache cleaners miss

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:
Delete the entire folder, or just the contents within the folder??

stabl4life82

Reaction score
go into the folder and delete all the contents..it will take a lot longer for your phone to boot back up though so dont think you are in a boot loop

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Delete the entire folder, or just the contents within the folder??

I deleted the entire folder and for some unknown reason, my phone is faster than deleting just the contents alone..which doesn't make much sense but oh well! Haha!
Husker, I should've specified earlier in my question to Raffica but, I was curious as to which task manager he is using.