Slow tradeoff between 3G and 4G

AllYourBass

Reaction score
I flashed Gummy a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. It's the first and only ROM I've tried with my rooted Galaxy Nexus. I'm a little unsure how kernel compatibility works with ROMs, but I feel my question probably relates to the kernel.

I notice there are times when I lose internet for 30 seconds or so...it happens when I'm sitting in the same spot at work (where I usually have 4G), or sometimes it even happens when I'm at home with WiFi connected. When I look at my signal, it looks like everything is grey and that there isn't a connection.

Is there a way to eliminate or improve this issue? Thanks!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you flashed the 4.0.4 radios and boot loader? I'd give that a shot if you haven't. I have instantaneous hand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
A

AllYourBass

Reaction score
Have you flashed the 4.0.4 radios and boot loader? I'd give that a shot if you haven't. I have instantaneous hand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I haven't done that yet—I flashed Gummy-TORO v0.7.6 and haven't adjusted it since. I owned a rooted Motorola Droid for two years, but in all that time I never flashed a kernel separately. I had always flashed entire ROM packages and left it at that.

EDIT: Amended my question. My confusion is that I'm not sure how you flash just the radios. Do I flash the new stock 4.0.4, and then reflash Gummy, and then Gummy will just keep the 4.0.4 radios? Or is there a way to "sub in" the 4.0.4 radios on top of my current Gummy version? I'm having trouble discerning between topics about flashing the new 4.0.4 stock and flashing 4.0.4 radios alone.

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't done that yet—I flashed Gummy-TORO v0.7.6 and haven't adjusted it since. I owned a rooted Motorola Droid for two years, but in all that time I never flashed a kernel separately. I had always flashed entire ROM packages and left it at that.

EDIT: Amended my question. My confusion is that I'm not sure how you flash just the radios. Do I flash the new stock 4.0.4, and then reflash Gummy, and then Gummy will just keep the 4.0.4 radios? Or is there a way to "sub in" the 4.0.4 radios on top of my current Gummy version? I'm having trouble discerning between topics about flashing the new 4.0.4 stock and flashing 4.0.4 radios alone.

You can simply flash the radios via a zip in CWM. Don't wipe data unless you want to start over from scratch...If you want to wipe cache and dalvik you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure that you download the upgradable radios so that way you don't have to flash back to stock to flash the radios. See if this link works for ya.

Dev-Host.org - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Edit: If posting the direct link is a violation, would a mod be so kind to inform me?

Last edited:
OP
A

AllYourBass

Reaction score
You can simply flash the radios via a zip in CWM. Don't wipe data unless you want to start over from scratch...If you want to wipe cache and dalvik you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure that you download the upgradable radios so that way you don't have to flash back to stock to flash the radios. See if this link works for ya.

Dev-Host.org - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Edit: If posting the direct link is a violation, would a mod be so kind to inform me?

Thanks for your help, syndicate! That link was good, and flashing the radios was painless. I'll see how they work out over the next week :)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score