Slow to charge

robdroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought my Incredible 4 hours ago and its been plugged into the included power cable to my Laptop and its still charging from 16% to current 75%! My 6 week old HTC Eris (yes I want to sell it) charged far faster and in both cases i did a few hours of set up some app downloads etc and she is still not fully charged. Should i be nervous?:blackdroid:

BostonDan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought my Incredible 4 hours ago and its been plugged into the included power cable to my Laptop and its still charging from 16% to current 75%! My 6 week old HTC Eris (yes I want to sell it) charged far faster and in both cases i did a few hours of set up some app downloads etc and she is still not fully charged. Should i be nervous?:blackdroid:

Use the wall charger. Most laptop USB ports can only deliver around 500ma of current, and this impedes the charging. The wall outlet should charger quicker.

Cheers,
B.D.

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well its been an hour since i plugged in my Incredible with supplied home charger and i still am slow in charging? In the last hour I have only gained 10% charge sitting at the time of this repost at 85%!! I(t makes me wonder if the phone itself is defective as I've done all but use a car charger. ll

simshaun

Reaction score
Just got mine earlier. Using the wall charger it did not take very long for it to fully charge from when I opened the package (maybe 2 hours?)

That would really suck, but maybe yours is defective.

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
Just got mine earlier. Using the wall charger it did not take very long for it to fully charge from when I opened the package (maybe 2 hours?)

That would really suck, but maybe yours is defective.

Thx Simshaun thats what I had to hear! I will bring it back tomorrow

thechibigirl

Reaction score
At the recommendation of the tech at the Verizon Store I let my phone run completely dead off it initial partial charge. Following this I powered down the phone and plugged it into the wall charger. It charged up to 100% in just over two hours.

Have you tried charging the phone while its off?

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
At the recommendation of the tech at the Verizon Store I let my phone run completely dead off it initial partial charge. Following this I powered down the phone and plugged it into the wall charger. It charged up to 100% in just over two hours.

yes actually and for maybe the 45 mins total it did charge faster yet slow overall!

bcrigler

Reaction score
You probably have a defective battery. Bring it back and tell the store to give you an extra battery.

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
You probably have a defective battery. Bring it back and tell the store to give you an extra battery.

Hmm Extra Battery that would be cool but my issue is not how long the Battery lasts (hahaha I know not too long) its how long it takes to recharge her!

xBBuser

Reaction score

I had the same results with mine.
My Inc was flat out dead this morning from being left on all night. It went to full charge and green light in exactly 122 minutes while powered on and sitting idle on my desk. This was with the wall charger.