slow running nexus

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we have a troll among us. Stop feeding the monster.

And by the off chance you are serious, when you root you will lose EVERYTHING anyway. There's absolutely no way around this because when you unlock the device before rooting, your phone does an automatic factory reset.

You are in way over your head. Just do a factory reset and call it a day. Since you don't have internet on your PC, you're setting yourself up for a disastrous situation if you screw something up. If you soft brick, it would be nearly impossible to fix it without the ability to download the factory images you would need...unless you downloaded them in advance. But I know you're on a data plan...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Oh okay. Well I'll be heading to a wifi area quickly so I can root it and be on the safe side. I'll just back up my pics and root he it...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You are in way over your head. Just do a factory reset and call it a day. Since you don't have internet on your PC, you're setting yourself up for a disastrous situation if you screw something up. If you soft brick, it would be nearly impossible to fix it without the ability to download the factory images you would need...unless you downloaded them in advance. But I know you're on a data plan...

Because of your situation with no isp, I definitely would recommend a factory reset first as we all have suggested.

And benson, your sig from tapatalk...i still haven't bit on buying one but you got me at the play store again:D

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because of your situation with no isp, I definitely would recommend a factory reset first as we all have suggested.

And benson, your sig from tapatalk...i still haven't bit on buying one but you got me at the play store again:D

It's awesome. Zero regret and I don't miss my Xoom one bit. The screen is so crisp and it's so light. Very smooth also - like my jb gnex but on steroids. 7 inch tab is the sweet spot for me. I def recommend it.

Unfortunately, I just sold my second one (16gb) on eBay. I needed the funds pronto otherwise I would've sold it to you :)

Good luck getting one from the play store. Check Staples, you may get lucky like I did.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's awesome. Zero regret and I don't miss my Xoom one bit. The screen is so crisp and it's so light. Very smooth also - like my jb gnex but on steroids. 7 inch tab is the sweet spot for me. I def recommend it.

Unfortunately, I just sold my second one (16gb) on eBay. I needed the funds pronto otherwise I would've sold it to you :)

Good luck getting one from the play store. Check Staples, you may get lucky like I did.

Well I'm in no rush, there will be more units eventually in store and it really does give me time to really think it over now that I don't have a Xoom to look at to make the decision harder. I've been at Google checkout twice but have stopped myself, attention is more towards a new laptop right now.

glad to hear you were able to sell the second one, hope you got a good profit on it. Some of the prices some people are asking are ridiculous though.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I'm in no rush, there will be more units eventually in store and it really does give me time to really think it over now that I don't have a Xoom to look at to make the decision harder. I've been at Google checkout twice but have stopped myself, attention is more towards a new laptop right now.

glad to hear you were able to sell the second one, hope you got a good profit on it. Some of the prices some people are asking are ridiculous though.

Now that the Xoom has jb, wish you still had yours? I'm definitely curious if it made the ui smoother...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Now that the Xoom has jb, wish you still had yours? I'm definitely curious if it made the ui smoother...

The morning I sold it I got an email an hour later saying JB was being sent to my device :D Probably did make it alot smoother, but the screen quality would've been the same.

Kinda thought about it then realized I was reading the email with my Nexus, so that made me feel better:p. I got little, but good use from that Xoom, hope the guy who bought it enjoys it. Though only thing I regret was not taking out that 32gb microSD card:frown:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The morning I sold it I got an email an hour later saying JB was being sent to my device :D Probably did make it alot smoother, but the screen quality would've been the same.

Kinda thought about it then realized I was reading the email with my Nexus, so that made me feel better:p. I got little, but good use from that Xoom, hope the guy who bought it enjoys it. Though only thing I regret was not taking out that 32gb microSD card:frown:

Ug, that damn screen. That, more than anything was the reason I was happy to part with it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ug, that damn screen. That, more than anything was the reason I was happy to part with it.

Yup, can't really enjoy the device with such a mediocre screen.

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Alright I rooted my nexus, and installed viscous jellybean 4.1.1 ROM... its running good. Over clocked at 1420 ... quadrant was 3009 ... but battery is lame still. Even when I have profiles set at screen off

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright I rooted my nexus, and installed viscous jellybean 4.1.1 ROM... its running good. Over clocked at 1420 ... quadrant was 3009 ... but battery is lame still. Even when I have profiles set at screen off

What are you expecting? This phone isn't known for its battery life. Stock battery should get you in the neighborhood of 12 hours. Extended should get you 15-17 hours. Both of these figures could vary wildly depending on your usage patterns, but the average user should be pretty close to this.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well for one thing, you have it overclocked, that will drain battery even faster. And second of all you've probably used it alot more recently for customizing and everything.

Did you wipe battery stats before flashing?

And yes the Nexus is notorious for having poor battery life, so even if it's only a 2hr increase on battery, that's still an increase, and a significant one at that. Of course it varies on usage and especially when first flashing a new ROM as you'll probably spend more time messing around with it than you normally would. Give it a week of tinkering and then a week for the battery life to stabilize.