Slow load from unlock screen! whats going on...

S

spacemanps

Okay so yesterday i loaded blackdroid 10, and i have notice when i unlock my screen it takes like 2 seconds for everything to load on the screen... that is extremely annoying to me... whats up with that? ( im using helix2)

soops

Reaction score
I'm running stock 2.1 and occasionally when I swiped to unlock (to answer phone) the screen freezes for a few seconds before the phone app opened up.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you overclocked with profiles? Mine does this when I have my sleep/standby profile set really low. Because while sleeping the phone is SLOW and when you wake it up, it takes a few seconds to speed up.

If your not using a sleep/standby profile then please disregard.

OP
S

spacemanps

Are you overclocked with profiles? Mine does this when I have my sleep/standby profile set really low. Because while sleeping the phone is SLOW and when you wake it up, it takes a few seconds to speed up.

If your not using a sleep/standby profile then please disregard.

i dont have profiles on... its at 900 at all times.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would recommend you put profiles on at least for failsafe and charging. But that may not be the issue. Could be something dealing with the rom.
I see you using helix2 are you having that problem with HL 1

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could actually be HelixLauncher2. Being 3d and whatnot, it requires a bit more memory. I wasn't happy with it. HL1 is super fast.

Also, I removed the old launcher via terminal and I think it may have sped things up a bit also.

OP
S

spacemanps

Ok, dumb noobie question time....... What is clocking, and how do you make profiles?

clocking... i think you mean Overclocking... its over clocking the processor.. using setcpu in a rooted droid with a rom... and profiles is in setcpu..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;uWlr5TR66-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlr5TR66-Q]YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to Overclock your droid! - The Easy Way[/video]

video is meant for u to see what oc is

OP
S

spacemanps

Oh now I see. Thanks for the lesson. Still trying to learn all this stuff.

take a lottttt of reading... ive only been doing this a few months now and i still ask noob questions.. just be careful... you will be advised to "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" many many times... so always try that before you post a question (not that i mind answering any questions, bc i have been there) but the search funtion is always helpful.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
TO REMOVE OLD LAUNCHERS:

Open up a terminal emulator on your phone and do the following:

su
sysrw
cd /system/app
ls

Now you'll see a list of all system .apk files. Find the launchers you want to remove (usually Launcher.apk and/or Launcher2.apk) and do the following with them:

mv Launcher.apk Launcher.apk.bak

This renames them (because removing could backfire if you ever had Helix problems).

Then:

sysro
sync
exit

And your done.

If it doesn't let you do the mv command, you can:

cp Launcher.apk Launcher.apk.bak
rm Launcher.apk

It will do the same thing.

chriscalifornia

Reaction score
I'd recommend to have all running profiles (as in battery <, temp > and main profile) to have a minimum of at least 500. I've noticed that anything lower than that provides an initial choppiness at unlocking/screen changing etc as the cpu starts to wind up to your max setting.

The only other profile setting I would recommend is to set your "screen off" profile as min: lowest setting, max: 500. That way you wont get any lag with receiving notifications/calls, but the cpu underclocking at all other times will make your battery last a lot longer than stock.