Slow Live Wallpapers?

bitter

Reaction score
I'm currently running BB 1.0 and I did the Live Wallpaper hack. But I noticed that it seems to be a little sluggish while flipping through the desktop. I'm only clocked at 800-250. Do you think if I put it up, I'll be able to handle LP with no lag? I'm skeptical about it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm currently running BB 1.0 and I did the Live Wallpaper hack. But I noticed that it seems to be a little sluggish while flipping through the desktop. I'm only clocked at 800-250. Do you think if I put it up, I'll be able to handle LP with no lag? I'm skeptical about it.

they work pretty good for me im running droidmod. Now the dm live wall papers are not interactive.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I was just reading about DroidMod, but I'm really hooked on BB. So I'm torn, yet again.

r-dubya

Reaction score
If you like BB (DM is a great ROM, though i prefer Sholes 2.0.5 myself) then try over clocking to 1G and see how that works... if you read around and do your homework im sure you will find very few issues about oc to 1000Mhz...

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
If you like BB (DM is a great ROM, though i prefer Sholes 2.0.5 myself) then try over clocking to 1G and see how that works... if you read around and do your homework im sure you will find very few issues about oc to 1000Mhz...

This is true, and I have read this. But from a personal standpoint, it just makes me nervous.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am bumping this.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is true, and I have read this. But from a personal standpoint, it just makes me nervous.
I am the same way - using 800 mhz OC myself. I just rooted using DM 1.0 last night and live wallpapers are not sluggish for me whatsoever.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am bumping this.

To be honest wallpapers o/c to 800/ actually 600 works smooth with droid mod. I actually took the live wallpaper down because i did not like the battery drain. I will install it to show it off but for every day use it is off. I do the same with o/c. I o/c to 800-1000 for internet, installing apps, or anything where I would like it to do faster. If I am streaming music, charging the phone, navigating through the phone, or texting/calls....I will scale it down to 600 (even with my profiles on). IMO the phone handles basic tasks with out the need to o/c.