Slow-er Status Pulldown

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Dec 30, 2010.

1. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have so much lag and even issues with screen freezes,reboots,fcs and sometimes inability to answer a call fast enough. I did as stated originally remove launcher 2 as well. I have not have any real issues before until v 4.95.
    I cannot wait for version 4.96 thanks again Chevy

2. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this install android assistant from the market, and set the auto boost on, and boost intervals to 10 min. This will clear your memory that D1 has very little of. Also if you have ROM manager do a "fix permissions" that fixes allot of force closes. The rule on kernels is if your phone boot loops or random reboots, go up in voltage or down in speed, sometimes both. Try that and see if it doesn't make a huge difference. Also, get memory booster from the market and use the task killer in that from time to time just to clear even more memory. My lag went away and status bar issues too.

3. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    4.95 runs better than any version I've ever put on my phone. Allot of issues people are having are "lack of memory" issues. The only Chevy ROM I've ever had an issue with was 4.8, and I think if I knew then what I know now about D1's memory I probably could have fixed it.

4. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +0

I will try that T thank you for the response

5. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Freakin sweet, I can't wait!

6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Glad I finally read this thread. Yes, I too have had the slow status bar issue... I hadn't really thought too much about it but it does appear it started since I put 4.95 on. Additionally, sometimes the phone is slow to unlock (from Widgetlocker)... not getting ADW redraws or any of those old memory problems coming back, just these specific instances where the phone is unresponsive for a few seconds.

I'll just hang with it for now, if an update is coming soon that helps it.

7. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eh, widgetlocker always made my phone slow. It's the reason I removed it.

8. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Works great for me. If you haven't used it lately, he's made a lot of improvements, including a root user mode that eliminates the need to use the "helper" feature that requires you make it your "home" app to work well (root mode bypasses the "5 second rule"). That got rid of lots of issues, since system priority is now back on the proper home app.

It's been very good for me, until this 4.95 bug. Still, it's much more about the status bar issue, not so much WL.

9. sixpackcuda

sixpackcuda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just upgraded to 4.96 from 4.9 & noticed that the status bar pull-down has a delay.

I'm using the unthemed rom, and the only color I've ever changed for the status bar was the clock, and I'd set it to Blue. I went through and changed everything back to Black & there's still a delay.

I use LauncherPro, and I've chosen to "hide" Launcher2 rather than delete it. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. And also, the auto-rotation seems a bit slower as well, but I'm not sure if that's related to the status bar issue.

10. RoyR80

RoyR80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Six, having launcher2 is very likely to be taking up valuable resources. :-( while i can't say definitively that its your problem, its a hinderer. :-/

11. karri0n

karri0n New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't flash 4.95, but since flashing 4.96 I've had the notification bar both lag and completely lock up, to where I need to hammer home and back several times before the phone becomes responsive again. I have never changed any of the colors in my notification bar, either. I will try the fix posted earlier regarding going in and specifically choosing the default colors When I have the phone in front of me again.

It does seem like this happens more when running Barnacel, so maybe the barnacle notification has something to do with it.

12. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the feedback guys - will be looking into this

13. packfan21g

packfan21g New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same slow pulldown with different colors selected. What can be done to change this? Is there a prefered color scheme by the system that will eliminate the slowdown?

14. steveff4

steveff4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was also suffering from terrible lag, to the point where it seemed like it wasn't responding at all.

I installed the Kuro Black theme and it isn't laggy anymore. Not sure why, other than setting all the text color to white.

15. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also seeing a lot of lag in the pulldown. All the color's in the pulldown are set to SS Blue

Search tags for this page
android drop down menu slow

android notification bar slow

android status bar lag

android status bar slow

fix slow notification bar

how to increase pulldown menu speed android
notification panel lag
slow android status bar

status bar pully down lag

stewart1champ sex