Slow Down

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I was going to address this to just Motorola, but then I realized Motorola isn't the only offender.

I've been doing some reading about ICS and the RAZR, the Bionic, and all these other Android phones.. We need to slow down. At this point in time with technology, your device is only new until the person behind you goes through the checkout lane. Poof, your device is outdated. We get that android is the superpower right now in smartphones, but some of these releases are getting ridiculous. Things like the rumored-and from what I've read, unconfirmed-successor to the Droid RAZR, about 2 months after the original came out. The Droid Series started out with the Droid 1 in Mid-October of 2009. Since then, in over 2 years, we've come out with I think is over a dozen additions to the Droid Series, and we're constantly being outdated. In addition, the Droid 1, forgive me if I'm wrong, was one of the first Android phones, and since then we've gotten tablets, kindles, 4G, gingerbread and ICS, everything.

Thank you for the 1Ghz Dual Core Processor in the Bionic, but I think we can start slowing down with speed once we get around to the 1.5-2Ghz processors. We love the speed, but I believe we'd all like some desert. I think we're all craving some ice cream sandwich. I believe Motorola should slow down on phones a little bit, reduce their output to 1 phone every month or two. Even then that doesn't seem negotiable, because everyone is competition, so 2-3 phones every 2 months. But the whole main point of that is to allow more time for software upgrades to current phones - and I'd just like to say I hate Google's GED system - because when we buy a new phone that's top of the line, the same company that we bought it from will have an even better phone a week later.

I guess the thing that agitates me the most is NFC in Ice Cream Sandwich, how its going to be restricted devices that come with ICS. And the waiting part of the update.. Whoever makes Nexus phones already has the lead and will be producing 4.0 phones like mad. Everyone else has to wait for their manufacturers to figure out the software and iron out the bugs for each and every model... Which takes 3-5 months.

Half of this post is because I'm 16 and I already feel like I've been outdated by 13 year olds, and the other half is because I want ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Haha... welcome to the free market and major technological improvements! :p

Just like the PC world took off at an extremely sharp rate and now we have new computers coming out all the time. The mobile phone industry is growing like that and I think we need to embrace it more! :)

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Haha... welcome to the free market and major technological improvements! :p

Just like the PC world took off at an extremely sharp rate and now we have new computers coming out all the time. The mobile phone industry is growing like that and I think we need to embrace it more! :)

Ah, yes, but what of the gaming console industry? How often is a new 360 released, every 1-2 years? *BUT* Their software updates... Every few months. They know we're not going to buy a new xBox every time one comes out, so they update them.

And also, remember the times when something broke, we would replace it? I think if I keep my Bionic safe, this can last me 2 1/2 or 3 years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums