Slow Desktop

bmlarner

Reaction score
I have 104mb left on my Motorola Droid. The problem is: when I open or close my keyboard, or when I remove my Droid from the dock, I get a blank desktop for anywhere from 7 to 25 seconds before the App icons show up. I have removed and re-installed the battery which has not helped. A 'tech' at the local Verizon store blamed it on low memory and suggested transferring my apps to the SD card. For some reason I think that will not help since I still have almost 41% of the internal memory available. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sounds like what you are experiencing is a redraw. That is cause by the home app restarting. Try to lock your home app into the system. ADW and LP has that feature.

vicsalga

Reaction score
Same Issue here !

Hi, me (and a couple of friends) are experiencing the same problem, could you describe the procedure to lock the home app into the system? or to clean the cache mentioned above? Restarting the phone and or removing the battery does not seem to help.
Our phones are exactly the same model, Motorola Droid (not 2 or 3). Thanks in advance.