Slow charging notification

Steve H

Reaction score
This morning when I took my Note 3 off the factory charger I had a notification saying that should be using the original charger, that I was getting a slow charge. I was on the original charger!!!!! Anybody else ever have this come up?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Mine does this every day for the last month. I think the standard charger has crap QC when they manufacture... I have to balance my cord a certain way every morning for it to charge properly. When I buy a new one it won't be Samsung's OEM cable, of that I am sure.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Mine does this every day for the last month. I think the standard charger has crap QC when they manufacture... I have to balance my cord a certain way every morning for it to charge properly. When I buy a new one it won't be Samsung's OEM cable, of that I am sure.
yep bad USB cable, try another and I bet your problem goes away.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
Update

Problem kept happening so yesterday I called Verizon tech service. It's a know problem, some phones left the factory with bad chargers. New charger is being sent out. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

skipbl92

Reaction score
I had the same problem so I tried out the USB 3.0 that came with my external HD and charged just fine. So I contacted Verizon and they said I could stop by a store and get a replacement cable. I will say that I received the Verizon branded "free" replacement cable NOT a Samsung cable. I like to keep everything original, but the new cable works and I believe is longer than the one that comes with the phone from Samsung. Good Luck!

Assuredd

Reaction score
I was having the same trouble. I purchased a high speed cable and a new charger. Now I can fully charge my oversized battery in just a few hours. I have not timed it. I have drained it to about 40 percent, and fully recharged it in 3 hours. I learned the cable is the "Holy Grail." Some are designed for performance, and others are designed to "Just Get By."

Since then, I have replaced all my old cables with rapid charge, and rapid data cables. They cost more; but, there is no mistaking the difference.