Slow after 2.2.2 update

H2oSprayer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a non-rooted original Droid. After the 2.2.2 update it has been running very slow. When I swipe from screen to scree, it takes a second to go, rather then being smooth. Also when I close out of an app such as Handcent, it takes several seconds for the main screen to repopulate the shortcuts and widgets. I ran Lookout and it didn't find anything, which I suspected as I haven't added anything recently. Is there a way to see what is slowing things down such as ctrl/alt/del to see the process in a windows computer?

My specs:
Model Number: Droid
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
android-build@apa26#1
Build Number: FRG83G

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

OP
H

H2oSprayer

Reaction score
Not many force closes. More like going from a sports car to an old Ford Pinto. After a bit of poking around here, I deleted many of my non-essential apps and it seems to be functioning a bit better now. I also forgot, a few weeks back, I moved a few apps over to the SD card, which took a big chunk of the SD card. I have also moved those back to the phone. I did read somewhere where someone suggested having more then 30mb of available space on your internal storage and I noted that I was a shade over 27mb. Deleting non-essential apps and moving some back from the SD card, I now have 33.5mb of available space and it seems to be functioning much better. It got to the point that I wanted to run the phone over with my truck, but it looks like I am slowly reviving it. I am due a new phone, but I am trying to hold out to see if Big Red pony's up with another inclusive plan. I missed the other offer by a couple of days.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Try to do a factory reset and then sync back only the apps you really use. I know its annoying but it helps to maintain speed and battery life. Your google account will sync back your contacts, emails and other stuff. You can back up your apps with applist back up off the market and restore only the ones you are using.

I do that every now and then, usually just re-flashing my current Rom and clearing all the access weight. Got the phone for over 14 month and its actually working better then day one.

OP
H

H2oSprayer

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. I was trying to avoid a factory reset due to the loss of apps. I know my paid ones will resync, but I was worried about the free ones. I'll have to look at applist backup.