Slow 3g speeds

Reaction score
I'm rooted stock gb ota. I wanna get fast 3g speeds that I've heard about. I'm a newbie to this stuff. Right now I'm getting 1.72 mbps I wanna know if I can go faster

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

schatzy62

Reaction score
Services advertised as 3G are required to meet IMT-2000 technical standards, including standards for reliability and speed (data transfer rates). To meet the IMT-2000 standards, a system is required to provide peak data rates of at least 200 kbit/s (about 0.2 Mbit/s). However, many services advertised as 3G provide higher speed than the minimum technical requirements for a 3G service.

So if you are running at 1.72 Mbit/s then you are running way above the minimum spec.

Verizon advertises 600kbs to 1.4mbs so you are even running above their stated average speeds.

I personally get speeds at work of 2.33mbs but there i am very close to an antenna. At home my average is speed is 1.15-1.2mbs when in my living room but head to my basement and the speed decreases to 0.3mbs or less. It is very dependent on signal strength.

So i would say you are probably at a good average speed for 3G. To make it faster you need to go to a 4G phone. But 4G may not be in your area yet.

leftspin

Reaction score
flashing the Jakebites Mod that you can download from ROM Toolbox and then using the 3G Turbocharger script that it comes with can increase your 3G speed (not incredibly noticeably in my experience though)

schatzy62

Reaction score
flashing the Jakebites Mod that you can download from ROM Toolbox and then using the 3G Turbocharger script that it comes with can increase your 3G speed (not incredibly noticeably in my experience though)
I have ready many a post that the speeds are actually slower using these. only read 1-2 that say it is faster but they cant prove it in any way.

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if I can go faster I download and hotspot often. Even when being throttled I get about 0.70 mbps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

leftspin

Reaction score
I have ready many a post that the speeds are actually slower using these. only read 1-2 that say it is faster but they cant prove it in any way.
I have too, I'm sure how well it works varies from phone to phone and person to person. In my experience the download speed is noticeably faster using the 3G turbocharger script, even if only by a little