Slingbox

dan j

Reaction score
Picked up a Pro HD little over a week ago and just hooked it up due to being out of town. Main question is using an HDMI cable how to hook up Slingbox to be able to watch one thing on TV and another on the Droid via Slingbox? Any thoughts..........

I have AT&T U-Verse btw.
If I understand you correctly, you want to watch sports on your Droid while your spouse watches the news on the home TV. And, you only have one DVR/cable box? If so, you can't unless your CB has two outputs. You could split the coax cable and send a non-CB signal to either the TV or SB and watch live TV (if possible since your cable might require a CB).

Hope that helps.

DroidDoes13

Reaction score
My slingplayer now doesn't work since updating to froyo frg22??? WTF I paid 30 bucks for that app it better work still! any help or directions on how to get it fixed?

I was having the same problem. I switched to a Cyanogenmod Nightly and it is working wonderfully now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Some of the problems lately have been slings fault. They have had major outages in the last week and 1/2.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Slingbox Classic. I got it back when it came out. This was the reason I bought my first Smartphone. The App was $30 back then. Doubt it will go down. The Android app is only supposed to work with the Newer Slings but it does work with my classic. I work for a retail store and got a license for the WinMo app from a employee from Slingmedia. I won't pay $30 for any app.

PM Me if you are looking to try the Slingplayer app.

Bobwhite

Reaction score
Slinbox with Dish network

I use Dish as my TV service. I have recently attached a slingbox to my 722 reciever. It works great with any of the laptops around the house. Yesterday I installed the slingbox app for Droid. Unlike the laptop, when I connect and the Dish reciever is in standby, ther is no "Select" button on the Droid menu to wake the 722 reciever. If the 722 is not in standby the app on the Droid works just fine. Can anyone tell me how to wake up the reciever from the Droid app?

Bobwhite

Reaction score
I purchased the app yesterday. I have Dish Network as my service provider. The app works great with one exception. If my 722 reciever is in standby (inactive for > 4 hr) you have to press the "Select" button on the remote to wake the reciever. So far I have not found the "Select" function in the Droid app. If the reciever is awake, eveything works fine

drowe

Reaction score
Or tap the screen, tap MISC button and you have a lot of controls, including the A B C D buttons TimeWarner needs to wake it up.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
quick question, if your watching slingbox, as I m laid up, an turn your droid 1 upside down, shouldnt the movie turn upside down also?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
i have the app, but i could have swore you ould turn the phone upside down and the pic would also cause the charger is on the bottom and hard to keep it plugged in using the plastic holder...I know i remember having the phone upside down watching it with it being charged on top..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Is anyone having probs changing channels on droid 1 or any slingbox phone? I enter channel nothing happens, try going up and down, nothing happens... reinstalled... no change.

btonetbone

Reaction score
Is anyone having probs changing channels on droid 1 or any slingbox phone? I enter channel nothing happens, try going up and down, nothing happens... reinstalled... no change.

Mine works properly.