SlingBox Pro Hd with Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Well I've had it since 1030am on St pats. and I love the phone. I bought a slingbox pro hd yesterday and after my own issues with not knowing about router settings I got it up and running no problem. It works great on the thunderbolt and I am able to watch anything I want about 1 second behind realtime. It's going to come in real handy during baseball season.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Been rocking my slingbox since my XV6900. Looked nice on the D2 but it absolutly stunning on the TB.

viper1549

Reaction score
thats awesome.. i wanted to get that slingloader but its a little pricey.. sounds like it works good

rlfitz

Reaction score
i have the slingbox solo and it worked but looked bad on my OG droid. now on my thunderbolt the picture looks great. I love this phone!

jbg25

Reaction score
BC...what up?

I cracked and got the TB as well. So far I am quite impressed.

I assume you are using the sling app? sounds like it might finally be time to splurge if it works as well as you say.

SMD

Reaction score
4G LTE + Slingbox = I get no work done :)

I too got the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt. I ran my Slingbox app and it worked while on Wifi, but not intially on my 4G LTE connection. I restarted and tried a few things that didn't work. Then, I saw a post in a Slingbox forum about internet setup and went through the internet setup on my mac and clicked on advanced settings to set up the router manually. The app was already working on Wifi and even on my wife's 3G connection, but not my new TBolt's 4G connection for some strange reason...so, I set up the router manually and did what the instructions said and it worked!

After selecting which router I had, I followed their instructions which were REALLY simple and easy to follow and then somehow it was working on my 4G connection when I was all done! Yay! I am using the Pro-HD Slingbox using only an S-Video Connection (my cable box won't take both an HDMI and Component Connection at the same time and our main TV looks a lot better on an HDMI connection so I removed the component cables and bought a Slinglink to setup on another box using the Component Connection for an HD signal)

I'll be setting up that slinglink in a couple days to get the HD signal and hopefully all will be well! Hope my experience and confirmation that Slingbox works great on the LTE network helps people just as another post helped me fix my issue. Enjoy!

qman66

Reaction score
Well I've had it since 1030am on St pats. and I love the phone. I bought a slingbox pro hd yesterday and after my own issues with not knowing about router settings I got it up and running no problem. It works great on the thunderbolt and I am able to watch anything I want about 1 second behind realtime. It's going to come in real handy during baseball season.
baseball is the main reason i got sling. its better than paying an annual fee for mlb.tv plus theres no blackouts since its running from ur cable box.

Javaknight

Reaction score
Just got the Slingbox app and on wifi it looks awesome! on 3G there was some stuttering but lowering the vid quality should probably help with that a bit...

OP
B
Reaction score
:)

BC...what up?

I cracked and got the TB as well. So far I am quite impressed.

I assume you are using the sling app? sounds like it might finally be time to splurge if it works as well as you say.

Hey man, yea I got the sling Ap for the phone but not before having some isues at home. For some reason my router and sling box didn't want to play nice. I have 2 cat 5 plates in my room and I could only get one to work. As you guys know slingbox help isn't great. I finally got it up and working and what didn't work before now works. Long story short it works fine now. My upload is only 2mbs so I'm going to upgrade my service so I can get a better picture. They recommend 3mbps. I love it, now I just have to get the bigger battery. I can run it for about an hour and a half before I get the plug in my charger notice...

bigblue135

Reaction score
Slingbox on Thunderbolt question

Just got the Thunderbolt and downloaded the slingbox app. Should the picture take up the whole screen or just a portion of it??

OP
B
Reaction score
hmmm

Well it depends
Just got the Thunderbolt and downloaded the slingbox app. Should the picture take up the whole screen or just a portion of it??

If you have it in hd you should be fine. If not it won't be full screen and you have to hit menu and then zoom to make the SD picture full screen.

hogowner

Reaction score
Yes. It depends.....go to menu and aspect and change there.....

Sent "with the speed of sound" from my THUNDERBOLT