Slingbox coming to Android tomorrow (06/21)

Mulciber

Reaction score
well that doesnt make it seem as cool lol....now I have to wait until we get it to tell her that lol

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Quick couple of questions if anyone can help. Thinking of getting slingbox todat best buy, I want to know:

1) Can more then 1 person utilize your sling at the same time on different devices, and watch different programming? Ie: Can I be using it to watch something while my friend in Ca watches something else and my friend in Amsterdam watches something else?

2) Does your TV need to be on to use it?

Thanks for any help guys!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Quick couple of questions if anyone can help. Thinking of getting slingbox todat best buy, I want to know:

1) Can more then 1 person utilize your sling at the same time on different devices, and watch different programming? Ie: Can I be using it to watch something while my friend in Ca watches something else and my friend in Amsterdam watches something else?

answers:

1. Only one person can utilize at a time, person with admin password can kick off other users haha.

2. no tv does not need to be on to use it.

hope this helps.

Reaction score
Will it stream out through HDMI

What I want to know is, will it stream out through the HDMI port on the Droid X? I have a open box and would love to watch movies/sports at a friends house.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
What I want to know is, will it stream out through the HDMI port on the Droid X? I have a open box and would love to watch movies/sports at a friends house.

Most likely this question will not be answered until after july 15th. but id assume that it would since the hdmi is supposed to put whatevers on the droid on the screen you are watching from.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

answers:

1. Only one person can utilize at a time, person with admin password can kick off other users haha.

hope this helps.

Yep helped alot :) Now 1 more question (For now)

If Im watching tv at home on my tv regularly, and I want to let someone else use it, will that work? Or will they see what Im watching at home? Meaning can I watch tv normally at home and will someone else be able to use my slingbox acct at the same time?

Thanks!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

answers:

hope this helps.

Yep helped alot :) Now 1 more question (For now)

If Im watching tv at home on my tv regularly, and I want to let someone else use it, will that work? Or will they see what Im watching at home? Meaning can I watch tv normally at home and will someone else be able to use my slingbox acct at the same time?

Thanks!

You can make it work if you get a splitter so you take the line coming in and put it in the main port for the splitter and than out from the splitter to the tv on one side and the sling on the other and you will be set, its fun to mess with people though with it on one line and you change the channels remotely they go nuts LMAO :icon_ banana:

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok so say I'm home, watching the Eagles, drinking a nice cold Yuengling Lager and my friend in Amsterdam decides he want to watch XUXA for some reason, will my tv change or shut off when he signs on?

Sorry, if this was 20 years ago I'd have done this blindfolded.. :(

hogowner

Reaction score
Ok so say I'm home, watching the Eagles, drinking a nice cold Yuengling Lager and my friend in Amsterdam decides he want to watch XUXA for some reason, will my tv change or shut off when he signs on?

Sorry, if this was 20 years ago I'd have done this blindfolded.. :(

when he signs on picture him with another remote...

he can either watch what you are watching.....or he can change the channel.....then you can change the channel back and forth....like dueling remotes

I have a slingbox and it works GREAT.....if you have more questions.....pm me your tel # and I will not mind calling and helping any member out!

PS...at least he can't get hold of your beer LOL LOL LOL

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ah ok thanks guys, I wont actually have it for a couple hours yet.. my place is being remodeled and my router is in another room thats not really done yet lol. I was hoping I could plug this in in their, instead of being my router and modem to out where the TV is.. TV is cable, internet is cable, so if I just plug the cable and the router into the slingbox in their, it should work right? Or does it physically have to be hooked up to a tv?

And I highly excpect that we will be on the phone at some point today lol

hogowner

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks guys, I wont actually have it for a couple hours yet.. my place is being remodeled and my router is in another room thats not really done yet lol. I was hoping I could plug this in in their, instead of being my router and modem to out where the TV is.. TV is cable, internet is cable, so if I just plug the cable and the router into the slingbox in their, it should work right? Or does it physically have to be hooked up to a tv?

The slingbox gets hooked up to your cable box.....not to your TV whatsoever.....

only your source has to be on (cable box, satellite box etc). The slingbox software lets your turn off and on...change channel.....go to your DVR so you can even watch a show that you recorded.....
Shadez..if you want to PM me your Tel # I will call you now if you have questions :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
The setup i have personally is with an older box so it may be different with newer boxes these days but i have the coax cable go into a splitter and have one end of the splitter go to the tv and the other end go to the slingbox coax cable part, but the newer boxes are different so im not sure.

as for you sitting watching the eagles, if you have some sort of splitting device if your friend changes the channel on your sling box it will not affect you watching the physical tv in your home no but you would need to have a splitter for that. like i said dunno what types of connections the newer boxes have, i will be finding out shortly as im getting my own place with the fiance (wedding is sunday lol).

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

The slingbox gets hooked up to your cable box.....not to your TV whatsoever.....

only your source has to be on (cable box, satellite box etc). The slingbox software lets your turn off and on...change channel.....go to your DVR so you can even watch a show that you recorded.....
Shadez..if you want to PM me your Tel # I will call you now if you have questions :)

Ok cool thanks, then it should work in the other room, I have a cable bo their but its just one of those cheap comcast ones with no #s on it (Channels) .. so guess that should work.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The setup i have personally is with an older box so it may be different with newer boxes these days but i have the coax cable go into a splitter and have one end of the splitter go to the tv and the other end go to the slingbox coax cable part, but the newer boxes are different so im not sure.

as for you sitting watching the eagles, if you have some sort of splitting device if your friend changes the channel on your sling box it will not affect you watching the physical tv in your home no but you would need to have a splitter for that. like i said dunno what types of connections the newer boxes have, i will be finding out shortly as im getting my own place with the fiance (wedding is sunday lol).

Oh Congrats :) Yea I think the splitter idea will be next week :D I just wanna get it up and running today .. see what happens, prob be on the phone with hog lol