Slingbox and droid x. Is it worth it?

HayWire

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will work with att u verse?I may get one if it does because we are probably switching to dish soon.

Technoman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will work with att u verse?I may get one if it does because we are probably switching to dish soon.

It will attach to any video source if the source has the right connections.

As far as being able to get to your box on 3g or external WIFI is another thing.

You have to open certain ports and do other settings in the router.

OP
L

LAssassin

Reaction score
I just ordered an mini hdmi cable on ebay. Now I'll be able to at least see video quality. Does anyone know of any good app for t.v. so I can try the cable out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

qman66

Reaction score
I just ordered an mini hdmi cable on ebay. Now I'll be able to at least see video quality. Does anyone know of any good app for t.v. so I can try the cable out.

yea with the real hdmi app u can watch sling through ur tv

zoidal

Reaction score
Slingbox & Droid X. Completely worth it. Looks and works perfectly on my droidx AND my galaxy tab. Once you've bought the mobile software, it will also install on your other android devices. Too cool. (That said, it looked cool on my ol' blackberry storm, too. Slingbox kicks ass.)

OP
L

LAssassin

Reaction score
Ok I'm sold. Calling dish today.

zoidal

Reaction score
Don't forget to check CRAIGSLIST. There may be one near you that needs a new home.

OP
L

LAssassin

Reaction score
Oh I thought it had to come from dish network. Hmmm I guess they were just trying to sell me one.

zoidal

Reaction score
Yeah. Just picked up a second unit for my appletv in the other room. it works great with that too. ($60 for a used pro. still a great unit, great price, and identical to my other one.)

OP
L

LAssassin

Reaction score
Thanks Zoidal. Good looking out. I just found a slingbox sb100 close to me for 50 bucks.

Don't forget to check CRAIGSLIST. There may be one near you that needs a new home.

OP
L

LAssassin

Reaction score
Just one more ? Do I buy the slingbox sb100 or the sling adapter from dish?

zoidal

Reaction score
I thought the sb100 was sd only. if you want hd, try a slingboxpro hd, a pro, or a solo. All of these use your computer's web browser or android/iphone apps. I'm not sure on the sb100. either way, you'll luff it.