Slight problem

Dustin103

Reaction score
So, I still love this phone, but I am having a little bit of a problem with it right now that I am hoping one of you can help me. Heres the story, I have been having problems with my Droid shutting down intermittently. Its like the battery dies, it wont turn on or anything. It wont charge. Its just dead until I take the battery out, wait a minute or two and put it back in. I took my phone into Verizon and asked them what they thought. They told me to do a privacy reset. I did that last night but now I dont have vibration with my text messages. Emails and calls are fine. Just no text message. And it doesnt matter if its on vibrate or loud. I ran out ideas so any suggestions would be awesome. If nothing I am going to go back into Verizon to see what they suggest. Thank you in advance.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you're not running rooted or with custom ROMs?

Just for kicks, try another factory reset, just to see what happens. Pull the SD card just to see if that makes a difference, and if you can, try and use someone else's battery. It's a headache, so I understand if you don't want to, it's just a thought.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd take it back in an get a replacement.

OP
D

Dustin103

Reaction score
Ok. Thank you. I wont be able to check a different battery, but I'll try a factory reset again. I took the SD card out the first time. Thanks for the input. Ill keep you updated

OP
D

Dustin103

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in the update. I am not sure why, but the second privacy reset worked. Thanks for the help.