Slight lag in call log

utkanos

Reaction score
Slight lag in call log / missing functions

Does anyone else notice a slight lag in the call log screen within the phone app in CM? It takes a good 2 seconds or so for the avatars to fill in from the people you've called in your phone book. Not a huge deal but wondering if there's a work around. There's also a slight lag to the first few operations that occur when you open the phone in landscape mode. It never happens in portrait. It happens with the 2 built in home launchers and the downloadable '2.0' style launcher from RM.

Thanks very much for any tips. It didn't happen with the launcher that Jrummy put in his remix so I might just load that one.

Last edited:

Chatchie

Reaction score
mine is instant. No pics on the contacts tho. Using P3 kernal.

OP
utkanos

utkanos

Reaction score
Last ditch bump.. hoping this gets fixed in the next CM. If your call log is longer than the screen, it will NEVER properly load the contacts unless you scroll all the way down and back up. This is more than just the picture not working, it doesn't load the proper menu options for the user. For example, I see someone calls me and I'd rather text them back.. typically you can just touch their icon and you're presented with the option to call/txt/look them up on contacts. This functionality is also gone due to this bug. I can't be the only one who sees this.

Grimlyte

Reaction score
same with me, just only sometimes... whats worse though, is if you click on the 'photo' before its loaded, it doesn't know what to do, as if the contact is missing.

OP
utkanos

utkanos

Reaction score
same with me, just only sometimes... whats worse though, is if you click on the 'photo' before its loaded, it doesn't know what to do, as if the contact is missing.

Yep, exactly...

masterxchief

Reaction score
I also have this issue. First my call log just shows the numbers then loads the contacts names and then the pictures. This happens to me when someone calls too. Only the phone number shows up and like 2-3 seconds later it shows the name of the contact and their picture.

OP
utkanos

utkanos

Reaction score
I also have this issue. First my call log just shows the numbers then loads the contacts names and then the pictures. This happens to me when someone calls too. Only the phone number shows up and like 2-3 seconds later it shows the name of the contact and their picture.

That sucks, mine usually shows the person right away when calling but I guess I've never caught a call immediately when it rings to verify that.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm getting this. This is the weakest area of my phone's performance (getting calls) - I hear the ring, terrible lag to even show the number, and then if it's a contact, an even worse lag showing the contact name + picture. Really dreadful.

OP
utkanos

utkanos

Reaction score

I'm getting this. This is the weakest area of my phone's performance (getting calls) - I hear the ring, terrible lag to even show the number, and then if it's a contact, an even worse lag showing the contact name + picture. Really dreadful.

What would have changed that drastically in this ROM to cause such an issue? Is it because of the nexus code?

jman09

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one with the incoming call lag. Hope it gets fixed in the next update.