slight issue with clockwork Mod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by turdbogls, Nov 1, 2010.

1. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    ok, so this is a minor issue in an otherwise awesome recovery image. whenever i boot into recovery, be it from the home screen or with the phone off (x and power) the phone boots into recovery, and i can mess around in recovery for about 7 seconds, then recovery freezez up, the phone reboots (i hold x when it reboots) into recovery and then i can go about my modding/flashing/ ect without a problem.

this happens EVERY TIME, no matter what ROM i am on. it is weird. i am thinking it has something to do with the SD being mounted or unmounted or something because i always see a message about the SD cannot be mounted or something.

anyone know what the deal is. its not a big deal since it only takes another minute or so, but with all the flashing i do, that minute can add up...lol

FWIW, i flashed clockwork through ROM manager, currently running UD1.0 but had this happen with every other ROM i have run.

2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Very strange, never heard of that particular issue. Have you tried using Rom Manager to "flash alt recovery" then flash back to CW?

3. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I did that a while ago when i first used ROM manager, but havn't tried it since. i will give it a go and report back.

ok so i successfully flashed to SPR, then successfully flashed to the latest CWM recovery. rebooted into recovery, and got the M logo and that is it. tried holding X and power, and still nothing. not sure what is going on but now i can't even boot into recovery. very weird. hope someone can help. now i am kinda worried i wont be able to get back into recovery to restore a nandroid if push comes to shove.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, now it sounds like you lost recovery, np, go back into RM and flash CW multiple times, eventually it will take

Sent using the DF app, from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

5. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    OK so i flashed it about 3 times and tried rebooting into recovery with the same problem.

so i tried flashing to an older version of clockwork (2.5.0.0) and got it to reboot into CWM recovery...so at least i can do some flashing again...however i am still having my original problem where it freezes up on my a couple seconds into the recovery. weird, but i think i will live with it unless someone else has the same problem and fixed it a certain way.

6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay sounds like you are having troubles with CWM, actually sounds like you have a corrupt download of CWM. When you say you flashed it through ROM Manager were you using WiFi at the time??

Here are a couple of things that I do EVERY time I use ROM Manager (because RM can be a pain in the backside).

1. Always clear your download cache. To do this go into RM then hit your menu key then hit clear download cache.

2. When ever I decided I am going to flash ANYTHING through RM I try to use WiFi. I find that WiFi gives a better download and less glitches.

So do those two things and try to flash CWM again and see if that helps.

7. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having similar problems with CW since installing CM 6.0.0.

8. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont have the issue

9. speedfreeq

speedfreeq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar issues w/CWM when I flashed to a 2.2.1-source ROM. I ended up getting it all back by uninstalling & then using ASTRO to delete the setup.txt file and the entire downloads folder from the "clockworkmod" folder on the SD card. After a fresh install of ROM Manager, and a fresh CWM flash, all is well.

-from my D1 running LFY v1.95 (today)

10. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't aware CW worked on an iPhone. Anyway, I have a Motorola Droid 1. And CW recovery is now practically unusable. Fortunately it was easy enough to flash back to SPR and use that for nandroid backups. But I'm hoping Koush can fix CW recovery before CM 6.1 full release comes out.