slider not working, how do i get contacts (phone book)

bluesilver

Reaction score
verizon droid 2 phone.
the slider function does not work, so i am unable to slider the phone to the right in order to unlock and access the phone. the only thing i want to get out from the phone are the contacts. so if i am unable to slide and unlock the phone, how do i get my contacts out?

and no, i have not previously synced anything to gmail or google so i dont think that's an option.

is there a way i can connnect my usb to the phone and get the phone book (contacts) and transfer that to my desktop? so far the only thing i am able to see via usb connection are photos, images, pictures, etc, but no contacts.

ALSO... where can i get the desktop software? i dont have my old discs and im thinking maybe i can use some soft of motorola software to remove my contacts from my phone to the desktop...?

LASTLY... will it be impossible to "root" this droid 2 given these set of circumstances? im thinking maybe i just need to get the raw data from the phone and then find a way to read it on my computer...just dont know how to do that.......
thanks

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can get the info using ADB, but you need to already have USB debugging enabled in your development options. Do you know if you had done that previously?

OP
B

bluesilver

Reaction score
You can get the info using ADB, but you need to already have USB debugging enabled in your development options. Do you know if you had done that previously?

that was not done previously.

do i have any other options?
if i get the screen fixed, can that be done without erasing the data on the phone?