1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Slide to Unlock > Pattern

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkthnx001, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

Does anyone know how someone would go about getting the "slide to unlock" feature usable when using an unlock pattern. I basically want it like the PIN login method, but instead of the PIN, there will be a pattern.

Any help is appreciated!
  2. Iryman

Iryman New Member

If you go to your settings. then to Location & Security. there is an option in there for settting up the screen lock. You make the pattern u want. Give that a try.
  3. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

No, I want the "slide to unlock" feature enabled, like it is when you have the PIN option enabled. This is on Froyo by the way.
  4. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw New Member

So you want a lockscreen that has slide to unlock on it, but after sliding it shows the pattern unlock screen, and after entering the pattern you are unlocked?

I'm curious why you want this? Don't like the looks of the pattern lock screen? I'm not trying to dissuade you, just getting information. I'm actually working on something kind of related, and I think it'd work for your purposes. It's almost market-ready, just a few last bugs to clean up.

[edit]Okay I've released what I was working on. It's a slide to unlock lockscreen that incorporates widgets, so it's a bit more than what you asked for, but one feature is that if you have a pattern lock, then after sliding out of the WidgetLocker lockscreen, you see the pattern lock.

http://teslacoilsw.com/widgetlocker
    [/edit]
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  5. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

I want it so I'll be able to turn my phone to vibrate without unlocking it, and won't accidentally press the buttons on the pattern which would lock me out for 30 secs.

No offense, but I'm looking to edit files, instead of downloading an application. :p
  6. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw New Member

Makes sense.

I imagine it wouldn't be to hard to do after Google releases froyo source and you can recompile it.
    The area of interest is:
    android-project/frameworks/policies/base/phone/com/android/internal/policy/impl
    But since we only have 2.1 source that won't be much help yet.
  7. spooby54

spooby54 New Member

I know that the full version lock 2.0 will let you slide then put in a pin. The app is 1.99 on the market. If its not want you want you can always return within 24 hours.
Search tags for this page
android pattern lock for corby 2
android slide to unlock for corby2
change slide lock on corby 2
corby 2 slide lock

corby 2 unlock pattern

download slide to unlock pattern for corby 2
droid unlock slide bar not sliding fully
how to change slide to unlock using minicommander corby 2
how to slide to unlock then enter pattern on androids
pattern lock for corby2
pattern lockcorby2widget