Slide To Answer / Press To Answer

matthileo

Reaction score
One of the things I miss about my Droid 1 is that it used "slide to answer" instead of a simple button.

The weird thing is, I just got a call and my D3 used "slide to answer" instead of it's usual buttons. I've gotten several calls but every other time it just gave me the push buttons.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an option for it?

maxwellag

Reaction score
I have the same on my droid 2 global. It might be slide for answering normal contacts but push button for favorites.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
matthileo

matthileo

Reaction score
I have the same on my droid 2 global. It might be slide for answering normal contacts but push button for favorites.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Nope. Not for me anyway. All of my calls have been from favorites.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Just a guess but is it possible that the slide to answer is when the screen is locked and button to answer is when the phone is not locked?

bishoy

Reaction score
on my droid2, if the screen is already on, its push to answer but if the screen is off, its slide to answer. im going to assume droid3 is the same

OP
matthileo

matthileo

Reaction score
on my droid2, if the screen is already on, its push to answer but if the screen is off, its slide to answer. im going to assume droid3 is the same

Yup! I think that's it.

[sent from my droid]

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

Yup! I think that's it.

[sent from my droid]

I always liked the slide for when it was in my pocket so it wouldn't answer when I didn't want it to so good to know that the slide is still there.

leobg

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global is like this too. Yes - if the phone proximity sensor is engaged (phone in your pocket/etc), the ring will show slide to answer. If proximity sensor detects no close-by surface/object - it will show button for answer and reject.
The idea is if the phone is in your pocket, to display the slide so you don't accidentally answer or reject the call while you are pulling it out. And respectfully - if you are working on the phone, or phone is on the table - to show you buttons for easier touch (so you don't have to pick the device in your hand in order to accept/reject the call.

This btw is one of the fetaures of BLUR that I like a lot!