1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Slide Out Keyboard Unsticking?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by NVash, Oct 12, 2010.

1. NVash

NVash New Member

I noticed awhile ago on my friends Droid that the letter keys have been coming unstuck, as if the letters are some plastic sheet covering the insides and its just glued down. Recently I see mine has been coming up as well. One can especially notice this when pushing any buttons on the keyboard. Anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix it?
  2. johntkong

johntkong New Member

Wait, are you saying the letters are peeling off the buttons or that the keys are coming off the device?
  3. NVash

NVash New Member

Neither. These arent like regular keyboard buttons, they appear to instead be some thin sheet of plastic covering the keyboard with the buttons marked on each spot. That sheet is coming up. If you look closely at it you can see it when you push, the sheet going up and down. I dont know if anyone else has this problem, seems they arent. Id say its from alot of txting because I know I txt alot but my friend uses his on screen keyboard so Im not sure thats it. Im also not sure how to fix it.
  4. mikewohlwend

mikewohlwend New Member

I think mine is doing the same thing they are explaining. Its like there's a air bubble under the keyboard.
  5. MrHadster

MrHadster New Member

mine is also.. i think the reason why is because i had my disply set to stay on the whole time it was charging, so my phone began to over heat and the keys bubbled up and yesterday my G fell off lol.. but u can order a new keyboard with the tools to replace it from ebay for like $15 and change it urself, thats what im going to do
Search tags for this page

how to get a key unstuck from droid 3 keyboard

how to unstick my android keyboard

my phone the sliding keyboard came off how to fix

phone keyboard coming iff

unsticking droid keyboard letters