slide lock

lousta52

Reaction score
I have searched and cant find anything to help me. I was able to slide lock from 2.1m but since ota i click to none, but it stays....any ideas?

snap

Reaction score
theres an app called no lock that will solve this

Phillipsave

Reaction score
If you are using a security "pattern", the screen lock will stay on the phone until you disable the pattern as well. So, first open the pattern and disable it, then click on disabling the screen lock. It's a common complaint about 2.2 that you can't disable the screen lock and keep the pattern.

tacker

Reaction score
Jasmo, can you be more specific? This issue is really annoying me as well. I've tried the NoLock application and it doesn't fix the issue. Since the froyo update I can either have pattern/pin/pw lock PLUS screen swipe lock or NEITHER. I would like to be able to just have one or the other but can't figure it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i have mylock.

works great. simply wake the phone up via power button and its open. excellent.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
There is no work around. Looks like Motorola is trying to take Microsofts place for screwing up each new software update. I have seen NO improvement from 2.1 and if anything one step forward and 2 back.

tacker

Reaction score
So I solved my slide lock problem - where it's either both the slide lock plus the pattern/pin/pw lock or neither. It took a hard reset of the phone. Now it works like it did prior to 2.2. Make sure to backup before the reset.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
I have done a hard reset both before, and after the update, and I still can't get rid of the slide to lock. The slide to unlock is unrelated to the pattern lock - even when I turn off the pattern lock the slide to unlock the screen is still there. Plus, if I set the pattern lock interval at 15 minutes, and then hit the button to turn off the screen, and turn it right back on, I get the slide to unlock, once I slide it, there is no pattern lock. Am I missing something?

joan006

Reaction score
It's driving me crazy. I factory reset my phone yesterday due to something I did, and now I have slide to unlock. WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY.
My daughter has a DX too and NO slide to unlock.
Has ANYone figured out how to get it off, or an app to disable it or something?

tourplayer

Reaction score
I have done a hard reset both before, and after the update, and I still can't get rid of the slide to lock. The slide to unlock is unrelated to the pattern lock - even when I turn off the pattern lock the slide to unlock the screen is still there. Plus, if I set the pattern lock interval at 15 minutes, and then hit the button to turn off the screen, and turn it right back on, I get the slide to unlock, once I slide it, there is no pattern lock. Am I missing something?

You are not alone. I have the exact same problem. I've tried everything including a hard reset and the widgets/apps mentioned above. It simply will not go away and is driving me insane. I can't stand when my phone rings and I have to swipe to unlock it just to answer. Half the time I end up hitting the end call button after swyping and immediately hang up. It's the only thing I'm really annoyed about with Froyo. I have had some problems with my face hitting buttons while talking though even though it's not supposed to happen.

joan006

Reaction score
i JUST found an app that completely got rid of it MOST of the time...
Go to your market and download Lock Screen Switch widget. It's a widget remember, but when keep it off, NO MORE FREAKING LOCK SCREEN THING.
Hope it works for you too!

Rhino413

Reaction score
ok if your rooted you can go to system/app/ with root explorer and look for the android lock apk and rename it so that it ends with .apk.bak and that will diable it

tourplayer

Reaction score
Thanks, my slider lock hasn't shown up for about an hour so it looks like I'm good.

sgdossey

Reaction score
ok if your rooted you can go to system/app/ with root explorer and look for the android lock apk and rename it so that it ends with .apk.bak and that will diable it

I wonder if there is a way to get the old lock apk from 2.1 to get the old functionality back ? Unless there is more to it.