Sleep mode

macminn18

Reaction score
I'm loving my new Droid. Switched from a BB, and in my 12 step program to wean myself from under the forces of the BB network.

I'm using my old BB holster for now until I get one specific for the Droid. Sometimes when I take it out of the holster, the screen is in landscape mode, not real bright, has the time in big numbers, temp, etc. When I touch it or a button it wakes up. Is there a setting for this? It doesn't do it all the time, just trying to figure out when it does go to that mode. I kind of like that screen.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Does your holster have a magnet used to close it? If so it is setting off the Droid's alarm-clock function which is automatically called when the phone is put in the home dock which also has a magnet. Don't think there is a way around it except to get a holster without a magnet.

OP
M

macminn18

Reaction score
Yes, it does have a magnet. I guess what I'm asking is can I put the phone in that mode? I like that mode.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Yes, it does have a magnet. I guess what I'm asking is can I put the phone in that mode? I like that mode.

Doh! Thought you were asking for a way to turn off that functionality so that it did not turn on automatically in your pocket.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have Dockrunner and I also like it. It sure beats spending $30 for the docking station. The only downside with Dockrunner is that if you have your USB cable plugged in to the Droid it gets in the way. You need to find some kind of stand to prop the Droid up on that allows room for the cord to stick out the bottom...

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is an exclusive android feature, but does anyone use the sleep function? Has anyone had any issues with it? I haven't played around with it yet. I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with the alarm or other important functions.

juny0909

Reaction score
The same problem happened to me, i also want to know the reason.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I'm still wondering if this actually saves battery or what does it actually do. I know if I put my laptop to sleep, it goes into a power saving mode or helps reduce power usage.