Reaction score
Haha I posted a video of a guy doing this a couple weeks ago. I want to do this

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ugg...i see something like this all the time. but i never see anyone going into verizon or Sprint and changing android wallpapers to a pro-apple one...are you just that bored or are you just that immiture?

sorry "old" man came out of me there. i did lol a little, but seriously.....
doesnt necessarily mean his immature....ppl have a right to be childish whenever =]

dabierwasgood

Reaction score
No harm was done by the OP doing this. So I don't even see why people are making a fuss about it. They obviously leave the ability to change the background on their devices open so why not change it to something he likes.

For those who don't agree with what the OP did. Is it ok to change the background to something that you personally like? If so, what if people don't agree with or like the background you changed it too? What will your words be to those individuals?

If I worked in the Apple store I'd laugh about it as I'm sure most of those workers did.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not so much the act that wasn't funny, It's peoples hatred of Apple that gets very very old. People find a way to turn every thread into some sort of Apple bash. Forgive me if humor is lost because its all been done a thousand times before.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
It's not so much the act that wasn't funny, It's peoples hatred of Apple that gets very very old. People find a way to turn every thread into some sort of Apple bash.

Maybe it has to do with reading Android Forums and getting tired of the Apple fan boys slamming Google or Android for everything.

Or maybe it's because I get tired of Steve "Ninja Turtleneck" Jobs slamming Google every chance he gets. Not Google & RIMM, but Google - his closest competition.

Or maybe it's because of all the times Steve Jobs slammed Microsoft over the last decade or two for being so controlling of it's users - which Apple seems to be doing now with all it's stuff.

Or maybe it's the mentality of Apple people I meet like in the attached photo.

IDK, take your pick. If you notice there isn't the same animosity with RIMM so that says something.

I believe iPhones have their niche as do Android and Blackberrys. A little harmless fun like this isn't going to hurt anyone. It's not like he walked in and scratched an Android on the screen of each phone. Short of someone spending time changing them to something else, the lasting effects were nil.

I'm thinking of going into the local Kroger and Food Lion and putting little Android stickers on every Apple they have. Now THAT would be funny! :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry maybe I should just fall in line with all the Apple haters. Hahahahahahah changing the wallpaper was so funny and original we should all pay homage to the original poster by hand delivering him fruit baskets and beautiful flower bouquets.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

cpjr

Reaction score
ugg...i see something like this all the time. but i never see anyone going into verizon or Sprint and changing android wallpapers to a pro-apple one...are you just that bored or are you just that immiture?

sorry "old" man came out of me there. i did lol a little, but seriously.....

Was kinda thinking the same thing.....wish I had that much time to waste.

travelingfool

Reaction score
For those that can't laugh at this harmless prank, I keep the Preparation H in the fridge.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lol, seriously? You keep butt cream in the fridge? Man, you must have some raging hemmi's if room temperature Preparation H isn't good enough ;)

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
For those that can't laugh at this harmless prank, I keep the Preparation H in the fridge.

Lol, seriously? You keep butt cream in the fridge? Man, you must have some raging hemmi's if room temperature Preparation H isn't good enough ;)

I was afraid that fact would outshine the message lol

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree with what some of the people are saying. Yeah that's freakin hilarious but when you think of the time and effort involved it's kinda lame as well. Apple is an incredibly strong company and their phone is still very dominant, even over Android, and I'm saying that being the furthest thing from an Apple fan. I guarantee that if and when the iPhone comes to Verizon, it will outsell most if not all Android devices. It has better marketing and more experience. It's like comparing the Simpsons to Family Guy; I think Family Guy is 10 times funnier and it's newer and fresher, but the Simpsons have more recognition, will probably be around longer, and have far more fans.

The only people who should "hate" Apple are those who have experienced serious problems or setbacks related to Apple's hardware and/or software. The rest of it is just fanboyism.

travelingfool

Reaction score

I was afraid that fact would outshine the message lol

Nah...your point was well taken. It's all in good fun anyhow. It served to illuminate a secondary point as well; that we forum dwellers are definitely anal about our phones.

Even though I wouldn't have had the wherewithal to do what the OP did, I would have loved to see the look on the faces of those Prius driving, canvas shopping bag toting, Al Gore worshipping iPhonies when they took a gander at that wallpaper. :D

Dan_08

Reaction score
Well I thought it was funny, and no I'm not an iHater. I actually have 2 macbooks and an Imac. But unlike some of you I can relax a little and find the joy in life and laugh.