slacker radio streaming

athensparks

Reaction score
Slacker and my pandora both have distorted bass. i looked into it on a bunch of forums and they said that it is a mototola problem. Will the new OS 2.1 fix all that?

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I doubt it... Just a warning. slacker has a bug where it an wipe your SD card.... Don't go to sleep with slacker on, while in your charger or docking station...

Where are you trying to listen to it? I use it in my truck, at home, while riding my motorcycle, and while I am out... I notice if I turn down the media volume (on the phone) and up the volume and whatever I am trying to push it out of (my truck radio), I don't notice a bass distortion.

Try turning down your phone. :)

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never seen to have any problems with Pandora Radio. Also. Welcome to the Forums! Thread should be moved to different location instead of New Member introductions, for future references.

OP
athensparks

athensparks

Reaction score
its a little tough following where to posts things and find things in the beginning. i am now getting the hang of it. but my phone knowledge is strong and i did all that with the speakers that wasn't the case, there is definitely distortion in my slacker

gallasm

Reaction score
I've got the same issue with Slacker. I first noticed it when I plugged my Droid into my home theater system. Pretty horrible low-end distortion/clipping if the receiver volume is turned up. Turning down the Media volume on the phone helps a little bit, but the problem doesn't go away entirely. It's not as noticeable in my car, but the distortion/clipping is definitely there. The problem is only with Slacker - mp3's played through the media player don't have distortion.

silvere2

Reaction score
Slacker is a known issue...I'm not sure what's going on with your Pandora.

The specific codec that Slacker uses to compress audio isn't played correctly by the android operating system. The only way Slacker would be able to fix it is if they changed their streaming codec altogether, or they streamed a different codec to android phones, neither of which they're going to do. So we pretty much need to wait until Google fixes it. I'm personally hoping it comes with 2.1, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pandora uses a different codec to compress, so that's why it plays just fine (for most people).