sidsixseven

Reaction score
Works great. The security concern is related to a flaw that was fixed on the market version. More of a public relations faux pax then a legitimate concern IMO.

Basically your Skype contacts are visible to other apps. Privacy concern? Sure. But not much more than what you freely give up when using Facebook.

In terms of a malicious exploit, about the worst someone could do is send messages to your Skype contacts. And even then you would have to download a Trojan first. And lets be honest, if you do that.. you got bigger problems.

Sent via Tapatalk on my HTC Thunderbolt

jseah

Reaction score
If it is the apk from the link at Droid Life, it works. I have it installed on mine and video works.

jseah

Reaction score
If it is the apk from the link at Droid Life, it works. I have it installed on mine and video works.

does it have to be rooted bc it wont even turn video on but it wil let me connect

No, doesn't have to be rooted. When you have someone entered as a Skype contact (they need to have Skype as well), and you click on their name in the application, the buttons at the bottom gives you three options (from left to right)....video call (button will say "video" and have an icon of a video camera), voice call (button will say "call" and have an icon of a phone handset), and instant message (button will say "IM" and have an icon of a IM conversation bubble.

Video calling will only work with other Skype users that you have set up in your contacts. If you just click on the "Call" tab (and the phone dialer screen appears) you only have the option to do a Skype voice call.

jseah

Reaction score
Sorry, then I can't help you. It works fine on mine when I use it. Are you using it while in a 3G area, or 4G? The video is horrendously choppy when in 3G.

Technoman

Reaction score
Does the video on the Skype APP work better than Qik? The video on QIK, as well as the audio is choppy.