Skype won't quit turning on

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I go into Astro and it seems like every time I look to see what is running, there's Skype, eating up about 15mb of RAM. And I NEVER start this program up. Anyone know what's up with this? Or perhaps this is just a piece of crap program that doesn't know how to turn itself off....

gt7785

Reaction score
I need help on this too, is there any way to stop it from auto-starting itself?

snowman

Reaction score
uninstall it , it is totally useless anyhow, since it dosen't work on wi-fi

Wolfhere

Reaction score
Uninstall Skype?

Um...you can't unless you are rooted. Hmmmm?

fiswebdesign

Reaction score
Seriously

I can't believe I can't turn Skype off. Does anyone have any other ideas or facts on this? It's driving me nuts, because while I'm on skype, every single message pings my phone next to me.

This is a MAJOR bug that needs to be fixed if what you're saying it true, that you can't turn it off or delete it.

I don't even see it running in my Applications settings, but it IS..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated forum.

Aaron :reddroid:

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
This is an issue with more than just Skype. A lot of applications start without you wanting them to and there is no reason for them to. Hopefully Android gets updated to allow you more control over the starting applications.

fiswebdesign

Reaction score
Is there a way to Delete the App completely or Logout of Skype? I can't find it anywhere. Also someone mentioned "Rooting" the phone?

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
Is there a way to Delete the App completely or Logout of Skype? I can't find it anywhere. Also someone mentioned "Rooting" the phone?
You can remove your account for Skype on the phone. That would keep it from annoyingly being prompted whenever you have an incoming message when chatting on your PC. To do this, got to your apps, select my accounts and then hold down on the account and choose open account. You should have the ability to make changes in the next screen.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Its not a flaw its how the os was designed. Its been said over and over again it takes just as much power to keep things in memory than it does keeping it empty. Ur android os will close out programs loaded in ur ram when its needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fiswebdesign

Reaction score
Thanks but Skype doesn't even shows as one of the Programs in there or even running for that matter, but it is. Since I just got the phone today, I'm just going to do a fresh restart and not login to Skype. What a pain and a major FLAW in the application and Android.

fiswebdesign

Reaction score
Got IT

ok, after playing with it, I finally got it, I was able to logout by selecting the Menu button. User Error Alert, User Error Alert (annoying alarm sound)

Give me a break this is my first day with Android from an iPhone3G and I love it. Esp the NFL live games and updates. dancedroid

snowman

Reaction score
read my post above uninstall it , what could yu possibly use it for
it's useless right now in it's todays form