Skype with video 4/11/2011

DroidStang

Reaction score
Sure as with any App like this, Netmeeting...Wifi w/o encryption, you just don't know who talking to, know how to configure, in my line of work and in the Bizz I'm in, Skype will throw up a red flag soon as you use, our Scanner pick up soon as you launch, so we target those people and either re-image their box computer or do a complete uninstall, it could allow a backdoor into our secure network, but we everyday users aren't giving up a whole lot and we can't be fired using LOL.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Sure as with any App like this, Netmeeting...Wifi w/o encryption, you just don't know who talking to, know how to configure, in my line of work and in the Bizz I'm in, Skype will throw up a red flag soon as you use, our Scanner pick up soon as you launch, so we target those people and either re-image their box computer or do a complete uninstall, it could allow a backdoor into our secure network, but we everyday users aren't giving up a whole lot and we can't be fired using LOL.

that's not the kind of security the article is talking about. skype (all skype except skype mobile for verizon for some reason) leaves its database files with all your personal info and contacts info completely unencrypted and, even worse, completely open permissions-wise to anyone or app on your phone.

That said, as long as you don't download any malicious apps to your phone you should be ok.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score