Skype says im not on Verizon or in the US

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by its.mike, Apr 15, 2010.

1. its.mike

its.mike New Member

I'm trying to get the skype mobile client to load so I can actually talk to my brother who is stationed in Iraq. However everytime I try to run the app I get

[​IMG]
    Now I know someone is going to ask so Yes, I am with Big Red and unless Ohio has somehow parted ways with the US I'm pretty sure I'm still in the country.

I'm running DroidMod right now, but I've tried with stock 2.0.1 and got the same error.
  2. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

I'd suggest trying Fring, especially if you're only doing outbound calls (it has a problem with persistence that makes it problematic for inbound calls).
  3. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

Did you edit your pulldown bar to say something other than " verizon wireless"? I know that the new NFL app would not work unless it said Verizon wireless
  4. its.mike

its.mike New Member

I wanted to try and get it to work for that reason. I really dont know when he'll be able to talk so i need inbound.

Dont even know how. NFL app works great, watched NFL net for a half hour to pass the time earlier.

I tried emailing the address listed in the market and havent gotten a response.
  5. its.mike

its.mike New Member

Ok got it to work. Had to call verizon and the lady that answered the phone said she could run some tests but everything looked to be in order.

A few minutes after the initial call she calls me back and tells me after doing some more looking into it that my phone was in a mostly Alltel LTR(or something like that) and I needed to be on Verizons, so she made some changes and notes in the account and all I had to do was reprogram the phone by dialing *228 and using the 1st option and it worked like a charm.

Got to love the customer service rep that actually looks into the issue after the call and calls the customer back. If she where single I would treat that lovely lady to a nice dinner.
  6. sgregory111

sgregory111 New Member

I have had the exact same problem, also in the NE Ohio area. When I called Verizon they said it was because I was on an old Alltel plan, which is much cheaper then Verizon plan. I would have to change pricing plans for this to work. It works in some areas, Detroit and Tampa for example, but not in Ohio
Search tags for this page

verizon error on skype