Skype Mobile for Android - 3 Major Tips - Video Review

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by myz06vette, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My business # is is a skype #. Right now it forwards to my phone. But it would be nice to keep them fully separte, plus sometimes I get audio issues when people call my 800# that rings to my Skype number that forwards to my Google Voice number that sendst he call to my Verizon #.

lol.

2. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google Talk......

3. philslc

philslc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Skype Mobile installed OK and I can make Skype to Skype calls to my Droid but, when I try to make a Skype call from my Droid, it gets rejected.

PhilB

4. owlclaw

owlclaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Droid newbie...trying to figure out how to call home to US from Europe. W/ Skype Mobile, does one disable 3G and use the wi-fi feature to use the Skype interface? If I'm calling a US landline from Europe, do I need to purchase credits in advance?
    thanks,

5. njftw

njftw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why can you not send text messages to phones via Skype?

Skype Mobile for the DROID really does suck bad... why would they make this program such ****, seriously???

6. bllarkin

bllarkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You won't be able to use Skype Mobile on a Droid in Europe unless you have CDMA coverage, because the version that Verizon released only works on 3G, it won't work on wifi at all.

7. ddolliver

ddolliver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When using Skype IM, can the Droid be set to give the same sound as Skype IM does on my PC?

8. beeray

beeray Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Israel is cdma, does that mean I can use skype in israel on my droid? If I am able to use it and another verizon skype user has it on their droid, then can I call them without using minutes? Verizon told me that I can't use skype oversea.

Thanks
    Rochelle

9. jsto72

jsto72 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearing chat history

I've adjusted my online Skype settings to "no history" and I've cleared the history a number of times, saving every time, and a conversation from May 12 keeps showing up in my events on my Droid....if I close the conversation, it goes away (obviously) but as soon as I log out and then log back in again, it shows up.....and not the whole conversation, just the last 5 interactions. How can I set it to not save ANYTHING? Is there a setting on my phone that I have to set as well? I've looked and can't find anything....

10. suzuki98

suzuki98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Noob question.............why do I not see video on my droid from caller and caller cannot see video from droid?

11. aabeer528

aabeer528 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read the terms of service when downloading Skype mobile about domestic calls using the Verizon network and Verizon minutes and International calls use the skype network, but what about if you are out of the country?

I'm going on vacation to Mexico soon and have been told by customer service that I can get unlimited data for $65/mo (which they would prorate to ~$15 for a week), but calls would still be 99 cents/minute. Would a skype call from Mexico to the US be considered international and therefore use the Skype network? The terms of service don't seem to address calling from outside the US!

Thanks!

12. frankiez

frankiez New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Simple. Your Droid does not have a web cam. Also if you were able to use the video camera that is on your droid, you wouldnt be able to see the screen to view the person your talking with.

Search tags for this page
android app to record skype video
android skype tips
record skype video android
record skype video on android phone
skype doesn't ring android
skype doesn't ring on android
skype instructions for android
skype mobile android review
skype mobile save password

skype mobile sucks