Skype Calls Over 3G Hacked Already

Chipster

Reaction score
Skype for Verizon not showing in my market - and link from Skype leads to market and "requested item could not be found". Can anyone confirm that the Verizon version is still visible? Maybe I need a market fix for my D1...

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
For those confused about the various Skype options...

Skype for Verizon:
- does not work over wifi
- does work over 3g but by using your Verizon minutes
- for international calls, it works over 3g using data at Skype's rates

- does not work over 3g in any capacity
- everything is at Skype's rates, same as your desktop version

This hacked Skype:
- works over wifi at Skype's rates
- works over 3g at Skype's rates (plus applicable Verizon data rates if you don't have unlimited data) without using minutes

Clearly to us consumers, this hacked Skype is superior.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Skype for Verizon not showing in my market - and link from Skype leads to market and "requested item could not be found". Can anyone confirm that the Verizon version is still visible? Maybe I need a market fix for my D1...

Was available to me this morning.

Chipster

Reaction score

Was available to me this morning.

Yup.. magically reappeared for me too - just this morning - with a new update - for both Skype flavors.

carguy

Reaction score
For those confused about the various Skype options...

Skype for Verizon:
- does not work over wifi
- does work over 3g but by using your Verizon minutes
- for international calls, it works over 3g using data at Skype's rates

- does not work over 3g in any capacity
- everything is at Skype's rates, same as your desktop version

This hacked Skype:
- works over wifi at Skype's rates
- works over 3g at Skype's rates (plus applicable Verizon data rates if you don't have unlimited data) without using minutes

Clearly to us consumers, this hacked Skype is superior.

Thank you for this summary, just what I was looking for without having to look it up myself :D

One question, where does Skype Mobile (from the market) fall into this list?

carguy

Reaction score
Apparently I cant edit my post today??

I meant to say: One question, where does Skype Mobile (from the market) fall into this list or is that AKA Skype Mobile for Verizon?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Apparently I cant edit my post today??

I meant to say: One question, where does Skype Mobile (from the market) fall into this list or is that AKA Skype Mobile for Verizon?

When I did my summary, I could only find 2 versions on the market: 1 for Verizon and 1 not for Verizon. That's what those two versions were that I was mentioning. I'm really not sure what others were referring to as "Skype Mobile", but my summary is accurate.

rstnlaurels

Reaction score
Hey guys, tried installing the app. I uninstalled the previous Skype and installed the second of the 2 APK files (the one for non-rooted phones that have Skype pre-installed), but it would not let me log in. Thought maybe I tried the wrong version so I tried the first version and it says that there is not enough space to install (there is). Not sure what I am doing wrong, I am trying to do this on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running on T-Mobile. Thanks if anyone knows.

PercocetPenguin

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've tried the version listed in the OP and when I try to make a call on 3G it shows that the call was ended instantly.
When I try to make a call on WiFi I get the error "Already 2 ongoing calls,you must end one call before you can start another one"

I've noticed a lot of other people having the same issue, so I'm wondering if anyone knows what to do about it.
I'm running a Verizon Wirelss Droid with Bugless Beast 2.2.1 currently, I've also tried Bugless Beast 2.1.
Both give same issue, please post what your setups are and if it works for you.

dv817

Reaction score
Hacked Skype Not Working 4 Me Yet

Hello,

I have a Sprint HTC EVO. I successfully installed the hacked version of Skype for 3G phones that did not previously have Skype installed. Additionally, I already had a paid Skpye account to make unlimited calls in the U.S. and Canada.

I am able to log into my Skype account using the hacked Skype app, and I successfully synched my contacts, however, when I attempt to make a call I hear nothing. If try to make several more calls it eventually give the following message stating - "Already 2 ongoing calls,you must end one call before you can start another one"

Can anyone offer a suggestion to resolve this issue?

Cheers
moz-screenshot-6.png

dAi

Reaction score
mine is saying "insufficient funds" when trying to make a free call over wifi

already rooted and im on droid x :motdroidvert: