Skype Calls Over 3G Hacked Already

CwickStylz

Reaction score
Installed on my EVO & each time I try & make a call it just says call failed... Anyone else experiencing this?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL
I installed this on my phone and the wife's setting up a new account for both. After what I thought would be Skype scanning my contacts looking for known other skype users, I ending up with about 1 million Skype contacts, most look like not real contacts.

When I had both phones online, tried calling her phone and calls fail. Guess not just plug and play

I think I should just stay with GV ;) and play with this later

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I installed the new hacked 3G Skype.apk (never installed the wifi only version) then signed into my skype account with plenty of skype credit. When I tried to call my office phone, I get the "call failed" message on my droid.

Has anyone else had this issue?

norcalandrew

Reaction score
Skype Issue

I downloaded the new skype apk to my SD, no matter which file/apk installer I use, It cannot recognize the Skype apk file. I have installed and uninstalled, and tried extracting the files still no luck. Please help

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the new skype apk to my SD, no matter which file/apk installer I use, It cannot recognize the Skype apk file. I have installed and uninstalled, and tried extracting the files still no luck. Please help

did it go on the sdcard named correctly? Skype.apk is how it should read.

Epic Knight

Reaction score
samsung galaxy browser problems

anyone else having problems signing into skype?

I'm having the same problem. The skype app says my browser isn't sufficient for this app?
This is on my samsung epic. I enter in my username and password and get an instant fail message

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Can someone help me to understand?

So if I buy the Unlimited Canada and US plan for $2.99 a month from Skype. I can then use the Skype cracked version to make unlimited calls over 3G? IE skipping my minutes and not going over?

Yes

Ron W.

bstr

Reaction score
I'm also having trouble signing in... using Fascinate. I renamed the pre-installed Skype Mobile, rebooted, checked my name/password by logging in on my laptop to Skype's website. Also tried creating a new account from the phone, that doesn't work either.

sgrant

Reaction score
skype video

Running the hacked skype on Droid 1
How to get video?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Some thoughts,

First, I have made probably a dozen calls since installing last evening, and things are working pretty well. No problems installing the ap. Rename the Skype.zip to Skype.apk. Copy to SD. Installed with Astro. I did not have an existing version to uninstall.

When I activate Skype, I have it set to log me automatically, and it only takes a few seconds to log me in. My only "peeve" here is that you cannot exit skype from memory with an exit or end. Gotta physically stop it in Application manager, or reboot.

No problems making the calls, no connect issues. The only "problem" I have found is that due to the bit of lag, doing something like typing in your password keys for something like Verizon Voice mail you have to press slowly and deliberately. I am also not sure if the phone number that you place into the program works on the receiver's caller ID, as my test here at home comes up "Unknown". Gotta play with that some more. My other unknown is whether when I call someone on their VZW phone whether they will be charged minutes. I am guessing certainly, but not positive.

Besides the obvious international calling benefits, I do see some valuable use for someone like me who has marginal cellular coverage at home/office, but who may have a solid wifi connection. Honestly, if I had solid 3G here at home/office, the hacked version might be more useful, but as it is having wifi ability is wonderful for me. The same could be the case for more remote towns and locales where VZW coverage is a little spotty, but you might find a WIFI hotspot. In tourist areas, this is very likely.

So, as has been pointed out, for a lot of folks who have good cellular coverage, the benefits might seem kinda obtuse. For others of us, it is kinda handy having several ways to skin the proverbial phone call cat.

Craig

badazz74

Reaction score
I made a call when I first installed it this morning but now that i tried to call out it states insufficient funds.

dietche

Reaction score
Fring > Skype, by a huge margin.

It connects to far more people over many other services besides Skype.
Because of that you only need one app instead of like 10 apps.
It does video and 3g too, and has for a rather long time.

Quit dinking around with Skype and hacking it and all that hooplah nonsense.
I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned it yet in this thread.

Just get Fring and you won't need Skype or Tango or even GTalk or really any other
communication app since Fring talks to everyone, including Voip, SIP, MSN,
Yahoo, AIM, other Fring people, Skype, GTalk, and ICQ, all for free.

FringOUT is also cheaper than Skype (usually) if you need minutes for landlines too.

So please quit making all these senseless posts, Wen, about Tango and Skype, etc.
when Fring is the real answer anyway, and has been for months.