Skype app gone!

artrep1

Reaction score
Skype was working fine on my TB until updated. I should've left well enough alone...neophyte! Should I be considering this rooting?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Shhh

Reaction score
me too

I've found some posts with links to post ota "working" fixes, but none of them do video on my stock t-bolt. Glad they fixed the random reboots for those that were being crushed by them, just sucks it killed the skype video that someone was cool enough to get working before.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Skype was working fine on my TB until updated. I should've left well enough alone...neophyte! Should I be considering this rooting?

Have u tried Tango?

Shhh

Reaction score
Appreciate the thought about Tango, but I need to be able to do video chat between my phone and laptop...
Thanks for taking the time to try and help though.

musicbysterling

Reaction score
I am so upset too about losing Skype...loved it!! Does Qik work to laptop? Is Skype video chat supposed to come back at the Gingerbread release?

OP
A

artrep1

Reaction score
Thx for all suggestions, I will try. Deal with Skype was I finally got my 89 yr old Dad use to it and not easy starting over there. What is problem you think? Maybe V trying to figure a way to charge for ability? Any thanks!

rbw62

Reaction score
Fring works great.

greywizard640

Reaction score
Shrug, might look at ooVoo. It will also work on a web browser. Does phone to PC also.

slinky

Reaction score
Thx for all suggestions, I will try. Deal with Skype was I finally got my 89 yr old Dad use to it and not easy starting over there. What is problem you think? Maybe V trying to figure a way to charge for ability? Any thanks!
Same here. There is no way my Dad is learning how to use another program. He couldn't even install it. It's Skype or nothing and, if this is what the updates do, then I shall not be updating again, Gingerbread or not. There's no point in updating the OS if you lose your essential apps. Skype is now gone...