Skype and T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by daddyd302, Jan 6, 2010.

1. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

I have a friend who needs a phone and cheap plans without a contract. I remember reading something about the buying the Nexus 1 unlock and then getting the T-mobile internet plan plus skype for calling. So it was something like $39 for the internet and $3 for skype per month, so about $42. I was looking at the T-Mobile G1[used, refurb] since it was a cheap android phone, using that plan, it would be cheaper then a regular monthly plan and pre paid.

Does this plan really work and you can use the internet and call anyone on mobile and landlines for free using skype? I'm assuming you need the internet to use skype and then you can use skype to call people???
  2. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I haven't seen Skype actually work as a VoIP... their current "lite" client is chat only. You can use SipDroid to connect to some VoIP services, but it is currently a beta product and not for the faint of heard (an naturally rough around the edges), so I don't know whether it would work sufficiently in day-to-day use.

The cheapest plan with Internet Data on T-Mobile is $59 which includes 500 minutes of talk time (unless you are seeing some plan that I am not).
  3. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

Thanks, seems like skype isn't ready for the android market. Oh well we still got GV, so it's close enough... Anyways I think she went with Cricket, which I tried to talk her out of it, but it's her choice.
Search tags for this page
skype for t mobile g1

skype t mobile g1

t mobile g1 skype apps

tmobile skype