Skype and Google voice working...

kingoftowns

Reaction score
is the account you use for Google Voice already on the Tab?

all I did to get it working on my VZ Tab was download GV from the market run the app, select my account to sign in with and accept defaults for VM settings, it works fine for me, pretty much identical process as it was setting it up on my Droid Incredible.

kingoftowns

Reaction score
do you already have a google voice account? if not then yes you need to set one up from a pc first and use a real phone number that you can be called on during setup.

you can not create a new GV account from the Tab

Baldycmw

Reaction score
When I first got on to google voice it did allow the whole phone number part bit I must have done something and now it wont allow me even to enter. I wonder if I reset my device if it would allow me then.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

Baldycmw

Reaction score
Ok I did not know that. When I get home I will use my mac and set it up. So then you can send and recieve texts?

kingoftowns

Reaction score
can you get into the settings of GV? if so there is an option to sign out, which will get you back to the original initiation screen.

Baldycmw

Reaction score
I only have gmail. Never set up google voice from a computer. I only tried to do it with the tab.

kingoftowns

Reaction score
yes. without needing a number, all done over the interweb with push notifications, really awesome, but yes you need to sign up for a google voice account and phone number first.

warning, you do have to get a new number, there is no way to use any current phone numbers with Google Voice. so everyone you want to text with will have to start sending them to this new GV number. also no MMS yet, purely texts.

Baldycmw

Reaction score
Ok will have to try tonight. Can I use my cellphone number to initially set up? I disconnected my home phone.

kingoftowns

Reaction score
yeah, any number will work, it just calls you and has you enter a 2 digit code to verify the number you are using is actually yours.

good luck