Skype and Audio issue

D.R.

Reaction score
I have one of the original motorola droids, and have been trying to use Skype on it to talk to a friend. I noticed that if I hold the phone a certain way so the screen doesn't go off while using skype, then she can hear me. However if I hold the phone like one would hold a phone during a phone conversation, the screen goes off, and the mic on my phone seems to go silent at that point so she can't hear me.

Anyone else run into this issue with the original motorola droid and have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

OP
D

D.R.

Reaction score
No one has any ideas?

I'm really at a loss here. I dug through every setting that I could think of to try to stop this from happening. There just aren't any settings in Skype that I can find that affect this, and I couldn't find anything in the droid settings to stop this from happening either.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I had some issues with Skype too. Couldn't carry on a conversation without squealching and buffering going on. I spent half of an afternoon on Google trying to figure what I was doing wrong. Found out that Skype was aware of this issue and are working towards a solution. Had a friend mention that I should try Tango....until Skype resolves issue. So far, Tango has a lot of features that Skype does not.....including being able to rotate the screen. You will be finding me doing the Tango!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
This still seems to be a problem... I found if you switch to speaker phone so that the damn screen lock does not engage, then the call remains on... (this is with the non-verizon skype). Of course speaker phone kind of is a total bs situation. I found by experiment that even when you use speaker phone, if you manually engage the screen lock, the microphone quits and it won't come back until you disable then re-enable the microphone.