Skyfire for Droid

rudely

Reaction score
i just got this email from skyfire as I used to use it on my winmo cells from day one of their beta stages. awesome browser. At the bottom of the newsletter was this.

Skyfire on Android in the Works Last week, we announced that Skyfire has acquired Kolbysoft, creators of the popular Steel browser on Android.
Many of our Skyfire fans have asked us about a version of Skyfire for Android. We have been working on it, and with this acquisition, we add resources to speed up that effort.
By adding Kolbysoft’s talent to Skyfire, we’ll be able to fuse the best of Skyfire’s famed cloud-computing multimedia capabilities with the Webkit browser movement to create a better hybrid model for Android. Steel has been the most acclaimed browser in the Android Marketplace, adding features atop Webkit. Together, we’ll be able to do so much more.
We can’t share any timing or more details at this time, but we promise you’ll like it. Sign up to follow Skyfire on Facebook or Twitter and you’ll be the first to hear when news is announced.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
SWEET!!!!!!
Thanks, lol... I just got the same email but didn't bother to read it... actually I clicked on the 'unsubscribe' link, DUH!!!!! Can't wait to see what they come up with. But for now I'm more than happy with xScope. But if skyfire can get flash working before it comes to Android 'officially' that will be great!

Slighter

Reaction score
Got the same email myself. If they have the flash working as on winmo (or better) I'd pay for it. I would have ditched my Q9c much earlier if not for this browser. (and slingplayer) Definitiely something to look forward to. Hopefully they won't put us through another beta invite hurry up and wait deal.

techguru

Reaction score
Wonder which will come first, Flash 10.1 for Android or Skyfire for Android. Either way, we get Flash support, so I am excited.

Alan

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wonder which will come first, Flash 10.1 for Android or Skyfire for Android. Either way, we get Flash support, so I am excited.

Alan

Likely Flash seeing as it's essentially 'ready' and they are just waiting for Google and the OEMs to implement some required support/code to their ROMs. Skyfire just announce they are 'developing' it for Android so it's likely to be a WHILE before we see anything substantial. It took them well over a year to get to beta for WM. And there were a lot less 'official versions' to mess with (i.e. far less fragmentation of the source in the WM platform(s)).:mad: