SkyDragon Rom For The Verizon LG G3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Verizon LG G3 has been a pretty developer friendly phone. It has been bump hacked with full custom recovery since a few weeks after release. One rom that has really risen above the rest as far as popularity is concerned is the SkyDragon rom by developer "HolyAngel". This rom is based on the latest and greatest version of Android for the Verizon LG G3 LRX21Y.VS98523C. This Rom is built from a 100% stock clean base. Features of this rom include root with superuser, init.d support, busybox built in, zip-aligned on boot, SQLite optimizations on boot for improved performance, build.prop tweaks, system r/w, aroma installer which allows you to include the apps that you want installed during installation, and the rom has been completely debloated. The latest update includes a fix for free wifi tether. Grab this rom from the link below.

via XDA

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I've been running JasmineROM by hsbadr since I got my VS985. I'm currently on Jasmine 7.0 running Holy's LP 4.0.2 kernel. No complaints. I can't wait until hsbadr starts actually customizing and modding it, though.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Dumb question.. I have not unlocked the bootloader.. I am guessing I have to do this?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Dumb question.. I have not unlocked the bootloader.. I am guessing I have to do this?
Yes. There are instructions on XDA that detail how to go about doing this. If you're on lollipop, you'll probably have to flash back to 10B/12B, root, bump, then follow the instructions to update to JasmineROM 5.0, yes 5.0, then update to 7.0 from there.