Skinomi carbon fiber shield

kristinz84

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully put on a Skinomi carbon fiber shield? I am so shocked that Skinomi sent me another shield with my protector for free. I didn't know both were covered under warranty. I'm still amazed at their customer service. Anyway....I LOVE the way the carbon fiber shield feels on the phone but the edges are a little difficult to put on. Any success stories? I'm not very crafty...

jpnestel

Reaction score
I'm on my second one. I love them! The only reason I switched it was out of boredom. But yeah they look sharp I think! I'm surprised more people don't talk about em.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jpnestel

Reaction score
By the way how and why did u get a warranty replacement? What went wrong?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
it is just a skin or does it protect from dropping also? any nexus has it on that they want to share some pics? :)

OP
K

kristinz84

Reaction score
I'm on my second one. I love them! The only reason I switched it was out of boredom. But yeah they look sharp I think! I'm surprised more people don't talk about em.

Did you put it on your Galaxy Nexus? If you did, do you have any tips or tricks? The last one I put on didn't work out so well. I think I overheated it with the hairdryer and melted the battery cover oops.

By the way how and why did u get a warranty replacement? What went wrong?

The warranty replacement covers all their products (lifetime warranty, awesome!), the screen protector started peeling a little and scratched. I've never tried any of the other screen protectors but if I can get the carbon fiber shield to work, I will be very happy.

it is just a skin or does it protect from dropping also? any nexus has it on that they want to share some pics? :)

I believe it protects it from dropping. The skin covers all corners and back of the phone. It is so cool I love how it doesn't change the shape or add any bulk. It looks really great too. There is also the screen protector that prevents the glass from scratching (I think-I hope). I found some pics on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OTKTQ2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
from their web site...

"The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Carbon Fiber Skin Protector is the clear choice for maximum scratch protection. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Carbon Fiber Skin Protector goes beyond your traditional Samsung Galaxy Nexus Carbon Fiber screen protectors, skins, covers, and cases. TechSkin is made from the same film material used to protect luxury cars, military aircrafts, and NASA space shuttles. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Carbon Fiber Skin Protector is custom made to specifically fit the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Carbon Fiber. Carry and protect your Samsung Galaxy Nexus with style!"

so no, it won't protect the phone from impact when you drop it.

OP
K

kristinz84

Reaction score
I tried to put it on again and for some reason my battery cover wouldn't fit. I think it's the battery cover because I had the skin on for less than a minute and had a hairdryer on low cool setting for about 5 seconds.

Natolx

Reaction score
I blasted that **** on high heat for quite a while. I used the ghost armor one that covers the corners more

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk