skinning the htc v18 keyboard

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Dandroid247, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Dandroid247

Dandroid247 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, great work on the rom, its been good to me so far. I found the htc keyboard and im really diggin it. Here is my question about it though, there is a person over at xda who made some skins that can be applied through metamorph but every time i try to put one on it keeps telling me that the HTC_IME.apk needs to be in system/app folder. I looked using andexplorer and cant seem to find it there. Can somebody please help me find it and maybe give me an idea as to how to do an adb push from wherever it is to the system/app location or if this would even be a good idea?

edit:: this is the thread i was looking at. I thought about dl the zip file suggested but I wasn't sure what effect that would have on the file already put in place by the rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636748

#1 Dandroid247, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First uninstall HTC_IME.apk and Clicker.apk

Copy/paste the HTC_IME.apk to your tools folder of the Android SDK on your computer.

Now, normally install HTC_IME.apk and Clicker.apk from your file manager just like you normally would. (like you did the first time)

Now, in command prompt on your computer,

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    adb remount
    adb push HTC_IME.apk /system/app

Now, this is the weird part tha doesn't make sense but it works! lol

Reinstall ONLY the HTC_IME.apk from your file manager again like you did earlier....and all is good

3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also I believe there is an update.zip to do all this for you if you still have issues.

4. Dandroid247

Dandroid247 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    see thats what i was trying to do the first time. I was dl the zip and renaming and all that but kept getting the install aborted in sprecovery.

for some reason i always find myself doing things the hard way lol. im about to push the files now and see what happens.

5. Dandroid247

Dandroid247 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what does the clicker.apk do just out of curiosity?

nevermind, i found it lol when i looked at it with astro. ok, everything is where it should be. I think I was forgetting the remount command when i was doing it earlier and thats why it wasnt working. Im still fairly new to all these adb commands so its hard to remember them all sometimes.

#5 Dandroid247, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
Search tags for this page

htc v18

htcv18