Sizing wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by artc4746, Nov 21, 2010.

1. artc4746

artc4746 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Droid X and it has the 2.2 OS. I downloaded the Wallpaper Set and Save app but I have no idea on how to use it. I have tried to resize the wallpaper I put on the phone but it always make it too big and blurry. If anyone could tell me where I can get help on how to use it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. dcook12

dcook12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had that problem and just resized it on my PC with my fav photo editing software to make it smaller...then used dropbox (an app that eliminates the need to hook the phone to the PC...but can of course do it that way also...but I'm sure there are easier ways...so this is a keep in your back pocket answer and hopefully someone knows an easier way.

3. harrellj

harrellj Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Another suggestion for getting something to the phone without needing to attach the phone is Awesome Drop.

4. dcook12

dcook12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!! I have to try that app....found dropbox after someone here suggested it and like it for the most part...takes a little getting used to...so I have to go and look at Awesome drop. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Oh man...just downloaded awesome drop and it is sweet!!!! a new toy for me!!!

#4 dcook12, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not familiar with the Wallpaper Set and Save app but the stock wallpaper selection process provides you with a resizable crop box. If you were using the stock crop box I'd say that it sounds like you just need to resize the crop box (by dragging one edge of the box).

6. artc4746

artc4746 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved

I solved my problem. I found out that the wallpaper size on the Droid X is 960 x 854 Pixels while the actual viewing size that shows up on the screen is 480 x 854. When you scroll the wallpaper (background) the other ends show up.
    I found the information here: Motorola Droid-X Wallpaper: Dimensions and Guide | Matters of Grey

I appreciate everyones help.

Search tags for this page
android wallpaper to big

android wallpaper too big

droid wallpaper too big
how to make a wallpaper that is too big work for phone
photo too big as wallpaper droid4
sizing wallpaper photo on droid
wallpaper android too big

wallpaper on droid too big

wallpaper too big on android

wallpapers too big android