Size: Stock vs 3500 mah vs 2150 mah

NickF

Reaction score
For those of you who have purchased the upgraded batteries, can you please post pictures? I'd like to see the batteries and doors actually mounted on a phone :)
Also, does the added size coupled with the weird shape of the back door present an awkward situation handling the device?

upinsmoke

Reaction score
Don't have any pictures to post at the moment but I can tell you my experience with this battery. It charges to well over the rated amount (3500) well into the 4k range. This could be a reporting issue, or just that its underrated. In either case - your question regarding size. Yes, it is a larger battery , but still is thinner than my old storm 1. Comparing to the original battery its noticible the extra "bump" on the back but its not bad or intrusive in use or in a front pants pocket.

I turn nothing off and typically get about 2 days charge - that is bluetooth, gps, all apps and make no effort in turning anything off.

The point of having a phone like this is to make things easier, not harder in your use and life. If you are looking for something that allows you to use the phone in the manner designed, its a winnner.

As for the case backing. It appears to be pretty durable and appears to be stock (if not better) from observation.

Someone else in another thread I believe asked if the camera lens hole appeared to be too small. Video and pictures come out perfectly with no indication of the case being in the way.

OP
NickF

NickF

Reaction score
Neat. thanks for the feedback

nailfelt

Reaction score
How is everyone charging their seidio 3500? I just purchased an incredible and bought the extended life battery right away. stock battery got me thru a half a day even with the power killing app. I like to leave my phone on over night (alarm clock, etc). Will this cause any charging issues? Also been doing the bump charge. Not sure if im doing it right but i leave the phone on and charge over night, once green, unplug phone from wall charger and turn phone off. Plug back into wall charger til green. I too notice a quick drop. does it matter if i turn the phone on and off or can I do what some people are saying and just leave it on and when it turns green leave it plugged in another 2 to 3 hours. Or external charger?

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I just purchased the 3500 mah and backplate.... I'll report back and post a picture of it installed when I get it........should be by the end of the week.

cardplayer

Reaction score
Just ordered it today

It will be here Wednesday. I will post pics of the 3500mah, installed, side by side with my friend's 2150mah.

cardplayer

Reaction score
Pics!!! - Stock vs. 2150mah vs. 3500mah

Here are the pics I promised. We pitted the stock HTC 1300mah vs the HTC 2150mah vs the Seidio 3500mah.

First, the weight of the phones on a postage scale.
Note that the postage scale is not a good one. It won't register a penny or a nickel, and it weighed a U.S. quarter at 0.3 oz.

Phone + Battery + Back:
Stock - 4.6 oz.
2150 - 5.5 oz.
3500 - 5.7 oz.

You will see, in the images, that the Seidio 3500 is not much larger than the HTC 2150. In fact, I would be surprised if the difference is 1mm. The odd thing is that the backs are so different. We tried to put the back from the HTC 2150 over the 3500, but it wouldn't snap down. That's a shame, because the back for the 2150 looks so much nicer. In my opinion, the back for the 3500 looks like a stack of flapjacks.

Either way, both the 2150 and the 3500 feel really sweet in the hand, and there is very little difference in weight (less than the weight of a U.S. quarter, according to that scale). So, if the 3500 performs as well or better than the 2150, it's a win. I still think Seidio should have done a two-step design on the case, instead of the three-step.

The complete gallery, with titles, is hosted at HTC Incredible - Batteries and Backs - Imgur.

Here is the HTC 1300mah vs. the HTC 2150mah:
03_-_Stock_vs_2150.JPG

Here is the HTC 2150mah vs. the Seidio 3500mah:
09_-_2150_vs_3500.JPG

Here are all 3, HTC 1300mah vs. HTC 2150mah vs. Seidio 3500mah.
(Backs and batteries only):
04_-_Backs_and_Batteries.JPG

Another view of the HTC 2150mah vs. Seidio 3500mah:
12_-_2150_vs_3500.JPG

The differences between the backs:
07_-_Backs.JPG

Enjoy,
cardplayer

Last edited:

funkpod

Reaction score
hey, you the man! i do prefer the 2150 back, i think, but hey, a battery's a battery and a phone's a phone, and if you're gonna extend the battery, might as well try and do it right and maybe get the biggest. 'course i'm just glad they didnt' make a 5000mah battery, or something. you'd be holding a zack morris phone.

cardplayer

Reaction score
LOL @ Zack Morris phone.

The sick thing is, I would purchase that 5000mah battery, and I would rock that Zack Morris phone 24/7. Heck, I'd buy a 10000mah battery where you put the phone in the battery instead of the other way around. I use the smart features on this phone more than anything. I hardly make any calls at all, so I want JUICE.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
haha...:rofl2: @ zack morris phone.....

I won't bother posting photos of mine since its the same thing that cardplayer posted photo's of. I have been using it for a while now and can't be happier..... wait do they have that battery you put your phone in yet...:)

crkohl

Reaction score
I like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! :)
The battery info/pics are great, too. Thanks!

wmnomore

Reaction score
This really changes the look and feel of this phone. Just got an extended for my D2 and is't pretty slim still. How does this thing feel now? I noticed on mine, the bump is a nice resting spot for my finger. Same on this? Is the battery life x2 or x3 with these?
thanks