Six Links that Show You What Google Knows About You

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
google_logo.jpg

(Photo by Alex Koloskov at www.photigy.com )

With privacy a major concern for many these six (6) links will show you what Google knows about you. For some this is no big deal and the 'price' for being online and tied to Google services. Others may not feel the warm and fuzzies for Google after seeing a portion of their online lives rounded up all nice and neat. While a select group will be ecstatic to see that their privacy settings are indeed working. What camp are you in? Let us know, but first take the tour of your 'life' and history online.

1. How Google sees you
Google creates a basic profile of you, your age, your gender and your interests. They use this data to serve you relevant ads. You can review how Google sees you here:

Ads Settings

2. Your location history
If you primarily use an Android device it may be sending your location as well as velocity data to Google. You can see your entire location history here:

Sign in - Google Accounts

3. Google Search history
Google saves every single search you have ever done. Not to mention, they record every Google ad you have clicked on. View the log here:

4. Find every device that has accessed your Google account
Are you worried that someone else might be using or have access to your Google account? Below you can find a list of all devices that have accessed your Google account, their IP address and approximate location:

5. Find out all the apps and extensions that are accessing your Google data
This is a list of all the apps that have any type of access to your personal data. You can see the exact type of permissions granted to the app below. Fear not though, you can revoke access to your data from this link:

6. Export all of your data out of Google
Google let’s you export all your data. This includes, but is not limited to; bookmarks, emails, contacts, Google Drive Files, Your Profile info, YouTube videos, Photos and more:

Source: Cloudfender

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Kind of creepy especially the location tracker. Yeah Thanks for posting as I went and deleted old apps I forgot still had access and old location tracking

bloodhawke83

Reaction score
I don't mind the location tracker, I can turn that off on my phone any time. its nice to have something to show your location if you ever found something or needed to be found.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The location tracker is also the thing that got me the most and how accurate it was. The rest was pretty meh. I opted out of the ads thing a long time ago and I did remove a couple old apps from the app list. Other than that, nothing surprising.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel like they're cheating a little, because some of that info is directly from my G+ profile. I'd really like to see how old they think I am and etc if I hadn't just offered that info right up to them...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But what is Google doing with that info and who are they sharing it with, knowingly or otherwise
7d60c4a447f878c7417772fed183f9f5.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416453576108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416453576108.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 210

WisJim

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I notice that Google Location History is very inaccurate, often showing my location 80 miles or more away, and regularly showing that I have traveled much more than I do. For example, last Sunday I wasn't feeling real good so never went outside of a circle probably 50 feet in diameter, yet Google Location History showed that I had made at least 8 trips of 5 to 80 miles at unbelievable speeds for some of them. Does this happen to others and is there an explanation?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I notice that Google Location History is very inaccurate, often showing my location 80 miles or more away, and regularly showing that I have traveled much more than I do. For example, last Sunday I wasn't feeling real good so never went outside of a circle probably 50 feet in diameter, yet Google Location History showed that I had made at least 8 trips of 5 to 80 miles at unbelievable speeds for some of them. Does this happen to others and is there an explanation?
I never really checked that closely before, but now that you mention it, I did not, in fact, travel 300 miles in about half an hour on Christmas Day.

WisJim

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
You're faster than me, I went 80+ miles in 11 minutes and then was back at the start in another hour and 3 minutes. This happens quite often to me, according to Google.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting, but I'm OK with them not knowing exactly where I am all the time. Even though they're scary close when they're right...

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not checked lately, but when I first read this post and checked my location history I had just returned from a work trip to TX and back. It was "scary-accurate" how close it displayed my every move over a several day span. I'm not really worried about it, I have nothing to hide from anyone, but it was a little weird to see my travel movements tracked accurately on a Google map.