Situation in Brazil.

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I live in the usa and I can't buy from that site. I would be very grateful if you could find a site that sells the south american milestone to the usa.

skankster

Reaction score
Hey everyone:
Just got my Droid (Milestone here in Brazil) and here are my first impressions (and some answers for your previous questions):

- I got mine attached to a voice/data plan (Vivo). I've paid about US$ 250,00 for the device (R$ 499,00) and a plan of 200 minutes + ilimited 3G internet, which will cost me around US$ 100,00 a month. I think it's the best option, as it would make no sense to have an internet phone like this with no data plan.

- The device is fantastic. The screen is gorgeous. Android 2.0 feels good, although there are space for improvements.

- The Brazilian Bundle includes the Multimedia cradle, which is very nice. But it lacks a bigger SD card (8GB) and a vehicular charger.

- Device is sturdy - the slider is excellent, with no gaps. The directional keys are useless, they should have killed it and improve the keyboard space (which is just regular).

- Motorola made lots of efforts to quickly launch the phone here in Brazil - congratulations for that. But There are no accessories available yet - no extra chargers, no screen shields, no vehicular chargers, batteries.

- Camera is just ok, and have an autofocus bug (loses autofocus easily). Google promised to fix that soon.

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
Opa, um conterrâneo por aqui :D
Seja bem-vindo, cara.

Hey guys, mine has arrived yesterday, and although I was expecting a lot from the device, it has marveled me nevertheless.

I'm in love with my new toy, and happy as a child with its Christmas gift.

Now I'm going to explore every little thing it has to offer.

My Brazillian mate up here has already stated what is like the national bundle, but I'd disagree about his directional keys opinion. I think its useful, specially when I'm typing an sms. But that's personal.

Anyway, I'm very glad :D

Cheers!

chippez

Reaction score
Viva Apollo, congrats,is your moto in brazilian or do you have an apllication to transform the language pack , thanks

arlissfreire

Reaction score
Hello, here another brazilian guy with a new unlocked Moto Milestone.
Mine has arrived Dec 24 in the afternoon, I thought it was not going to arrive for xmas.

I am very happy. I do confirm it has native portuguese language.
And it has the triband 3G compatible with all brazilian carriers, would also fit US 3G.

Motorola has taught a lesson to the world with the launch of Droid/Milestone: put on a device everything the costumers want, with proper logistic channels, worldwide.
The result: a big market share gained in a few days.
If a company want to make a comeback, that's how it should be done.

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
Hey, welcome Arlissfreire :D

Listen, you guys from Brazil and everyone else who owns a Milestone, can you find the game Raging Thunder or any other game published by Polarbit in the market ?

I've seen a lot of people in the "games" forum category praising the game, as it is very good, and I simply can't find it.
Are they Droid exclusive by now ?

arlissfreire

Reaction score
Thank you.
I have used "installer" to install some small apps not on the marketplace.
I believe if an app does not require root privileges, it can be installed.

Looking forward the root for the milestone.
regards

fabiymoura

Reaction score
Another happy Milestone owner (did not arrive yet, just next year will put my hands on it :icon_ banana:)! And ap0lo, you are not Berônio, are you? Just curiosity! :)

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
Another happy Milestone owner (did not arrive yet, just next year will put my hands on it :icon_ banana:)! And ap0lo, you are not Berônio, are you? Just curiosity! :)

Yeah, I'm Beronio from the Orkut community :)
Welcome, Fabi.

Congrats on your new phone!

Dragone

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Greetings from Portugal. I've order my unlocked Milestone from Expansys since there is no provider (yet) selling this great phone. So far i love my Milestone.

rhruiz

Reaction score
Hello there,

Another Brazilian Milestone user here! Had this remarkable device since Dec 18 and loving it! Just hoping for a 2.0.1 or even 2.1 version bump soon :)

Now regarding the language packs, this open source keyboard has support for multiple languages (and they have a language builder tool too) including portuguese: softkeyboard - Project Hosting on Google Code

The keyboard layout is a bit weird but one can live with it.

Cheers!