Situation in Brazil.

ap0lo

Reaction score
Hello guys.
First of all, greetings!

I'm from Brazil and I've just ordered my Milestone. It will be arriving by thursday, tops, and I really anxious to put my hands on it :D

I was waiting for this mobile for a long time, since its announcement last month. What happened was that it was first announced by Tim, with a data plan and all that stuff. But its rival Vivo pulled the trigger and started selling it first, last thursday, on a few stores in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

After that I searched all over my town for one single mobile, but the vendors didn't even know which phone I was talking about.

And then, yesterday, out of nowhere, the Milestone was avaiable at motorola online store for about U$ 650. The unlocked version, SIM-free, no strings attached. I was ready to buy it, and I found out that another online store, fastshop, starting selling it too, and 200 bucks cheaper!

AND, as if it wasn't enough, the Brazilian package comes with a free dock!

Man, that made my day.

I ordered and soon I'll be joining you, happy Milestone owners.

That's it, just to share my happiness with you guys.

Cheers!

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
Sure!
You'll get to see the unboxing :DD

I was deciding on what give to myself as a christmas gift. I currently own a Sony Ericsson K790 (same as K800), and I've had a happy time with it.

I wanted to move on to another modern mobile, and in July I bet on the LG Renoir KC910. Wrong choice.
I deeply regret making that choice. Not that it is a bad phone, it's just not good enough.
I returned it to LG after it suffered from the same problem 3 times in a row, and I sued the company. :D

I was since then looking for an alternative for the iPhone, and now I've found it, I hope.

What made me bet on the Milestone is the everyday growing members community. That's what a phone needs to survive.

Cheers!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
LoooooL DUDE!!!

Every year around Christmas i make myself a gift! Its because whatever you tell your family what you want to have, you NEVER get it. So there is at least ONE gift under the tree, im looking forward to. Its kinda tradition ;)

So what did you pay in brazil?

Tigger

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
Hey Tigger, I paid exactly R$ 1.586,00 for my mobile.
Converting to Euros, it's about 450-500.

It's SIM-Free and with no plan attached. I think it was a good deal. We in Brazil were expecting a higher price, as it is indeed higher in physical stores and on motorola website as well.

Now I'm doing my research on apps and games, and this forum here is what's best, I believe. Do you recommend any blog or especific site to complete my research material ?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sure!

Careful when you do that as some on here opened the box upside down and dropped their Droid....

This is assuming that it's the same style box....

chippez

Reaction score
olá Apolo, i was wondering since your from brasil and i am from portugal ,i would really like to know if you have found any info on the language packs, what i really mean is that i have been trying to get around Morelocale transformation pack , but it is impossible it does not translate the language on the phone maybe it is because it is android 2.0 , i do not really know cuz im a rookie on this issue honestly , help would be very much obliged , adeus.

chippez

Reaction score
Thanks man for the reply , just one more question does this change the hole android os into my native language and by the way i use a mac so the steps are similar for example the terminal , etc.?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks man for the reply , just one more question does this change the hole android os into my native language and by the way i use a mac so the steps are similar for example the terminal , etc.?

Not sure...I'm lucky I only have one Language to keep track of....

Post in the thread I linked too....Someone should be able to answer that.

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score
So the price is quite equal to europe...what provider are you planning on getting a data plan?
What will it cost you?

Tigger, one of the reasons that made me buy from this especific online store is that the phone comes sim-free, unlocked. As I don't call too much, since I have an office phone that I can use, I plan on continue using a pre-paid plan on my private phone. I pay for it about U$ 15,00 a month, and that's enough for me.

As for the data plan, is it really necessary, even when I have access to Wi-Fi almost everywhere I go ?

Sure!

Careful when you do that as some on here opened the box upside down and dropped their Droid....

This is assuming that it's the same style box....

lol, thanks for the advice, but I'm really careful with my eletronic babies :biggrin:
And I think is a different box, since it comes with the dock and all...

olá Apolo, i was wondering since your from brasil and i am from portugal ,i would really like to know if you have found any info on the language packs, what i really mean is that i have been trying to get around Morelocale transformation pack , but it is impossible it does not translate the language on the phone maybe it is because it is android 2.0 , i do not really know cuz im a rookie on this issue honestly , help would be very much obliged , adeus.

Hey, brother from a distant land, I've heard that Brazilian Milestones come with native Portuguese language already in the system. PT-BR, as far as I know, so I can't help you right now.

Remember that I don't have mine yet. It will arrive around wednesday.

:)

OP
A

ap0lo

Reaction score