Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Oct 9, 2016.
Good stuff PC ...I'm sitting it out ! I don't think sd card will ever come to a Google device bc they really wanted to get away from external but definitely bring something else to the table ....design is uninspiring IMO ....I will be interested to see how they come out once this release has seen a few months ..
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm sitting it out as well, after a few days of convincing myself. It really doesn't offer me more than what my s7 edge already has. In fact I'd lose features and those are features I'd rather have; water/dust resistance and expandable storage.
I think their next Pixel phone will be much better and provide more features to be priced the way it is.
Im coming from the Nexus 6P/Note (4) Edge. Id like to have the extra power the Pixel offers. I use the camera a LOT. We take a lot of trips, vacations, and I use my phone to record videos for YouTube a lot. I'll need to test it out to be sure its something Id actually like to buy.
I really like the Note 7, although its having issues. I MIGHT be interested in the Note 8, but I always want to have a "Nexus" phone. I like my unlocked bootloader, and AOSP ROMs. As of right now, the Nexus 6P is literally killing every other phone out there. Its fluid, comfortable, vibrant, long battery, and overall a solid phone. Im not sure where Im going to go from here yet...
My argument is similar to others. Either add more features or drop the price. Because for that money I might as well buy a S7 edge and still have a great camera with water resistance and still have my Nexus for the latest and greatest. Especially with Google seemingly looking to tighten the reigns on the pixel more than the Nexus.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
True. I'm not too worried about its water resistance, but the systems power. Some of my games are pretty graphically intensive (Mobius Final Fantasy for example). Not so hot on my Note Edge, but nearly perfect on the 6P. The upped GPU on the Pixel would be perfect. My only real gripe is that, unlike the 6P, there is only one speaker, and it faces down, unlike the dual front facing speakers on the 6P. The 6P can put out some serious sound, and still not be distorted, so I can easily hear it at work in the warehouse. I'm not sure the Pixel will be able to do that. At least its not facing backwards, like the minuscule speaker on the Note Edge. lol
1. Front speakers should be mandatory on phones!
2. Pixel design is boring like a bad sequel...
3. Just give us the option of a sd card, they're quite fast nowadays...
4. Wayyy overpriced!
5. I don't have a 6p (no $ lol) but I think it was marvelous!
6. Help me out guys/gals...
1. I'm surprised alot of manufacturers haven't gone this route, especially Samsung.
2. I think it's a "safe" design. A bit boring by today's standards, but it's still a good looking phone
3. I honestly don't use much of mine, but it is nice to know I can expand at any time. Especially if I'm taking a trip and want to take a bunch of pictures/videos or even for media.
4. Agreed. I suppose you're paying more for the experience than the technology. Though the 6P was quite expensive at launch iirc
5. Read above
6. This is Google basically dipping their feet in the water, and I think it's a good attempt. I think it would've been great had the price been say $400, then I don't think anyone would be really complaining. I think they'll nail it on their second attempt.
i have the 6p so no need to upgrade at this time.
but even if i was still sitting the g2 i wouldnt buy the pixel, only the pixel xl would be of interest to me and its just too expensive.
at least the note 7 has innovative features of instant heat and fire starting.
I'm on the Google waiting list for a black one (XL). We'll see how she goes!
This year I can finally say I don't want a new phone. The 6p and 5x are working great for me(won't mention nougat).
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I have a 6P.
For lack of a better term -> Pixel/Pixel XL = Yawn.
Wake me up when there is a real 6P replacement in a year or so.